• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny frustration!

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
AARG!!! So I went to Petco with my friend to get something for her fish and of course, I made the mistake of taking a peek at the buns. I want the bun! I want the bun, I want the bun, I want the bun!!! A little neutered male, apricot and white colored, getting along famously with the other buns and even letting people pet him. Awwww. Me want, me waaaant!!!!

But I don't want to support Petco's exploitation of buns. :(

I don't want to buy the bun from Petco, in fact I didn't want to buy a bun at all - I wanted to adopt one. But man, this little guy...:love: So you can see my frustration, right? But he was so sweet and he would get along with Teal'c so well....

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

What do I do?

Mmmmm this is a tricky one. It's so hard when you've got your heart set on something and someone, especially someone that is very sweet indeed!

Personally I would suggest buying him if you really can't get him off your mind, and then to donate some money to your local resue. This is an expensive way of getting a bun but at least you will know that you have helped buns at the rescue.

Alternatively you could go to the rescue, see if any others steal your heart, if not, go with the above plan! :p

Charlie came from a pet shop, he was bought for me, and whilst I would get a second one from a rescue I keep telling myself that he has been rescued from ever experiencing a crappy home in the first place.

in the end of the day every rabbit deserves a good home and life whether its a pet shop bun or rescue. i say do what you want to do not what everyone else wants you to do your free to make your own desisions.

a few months back i saw the most gorgeous little Guinea Pig he was bred by a breeder and i got alot of abuse off people when i went to get him but to be honest im glad i did get him hes my special little man and im glad i didnt listen to everyone else who were telling me not to get him purely because he was bred by a breeder.

You guys have a good point. It would be better for him to be with me and Teal'c than with a bunch of screaming kids who are just going to get tired of him and neglect him....

You guys have a good point. It would be better for him to be with me and Teal'c than with a bunch of screaming kids who are just going to get tired of him and neglect him....

Yeah go get him and post some pictures, he sounds lovely and doesn't deserve a ****** home, just think of it as your cutting out a part of the rescue process, the bit where his owners get bored and neglect him. ;)

I don't feel bad about Charlie coming from a pet shop, he's well looked after and very loved and I'll never get bored of him, my mum always tells him he's lucky that he doesn't live in a tiny hutch at the bottom of a garden. The second one will come from a rescue but thats a personal preference.

Hold on a moment. Teal'c is an unneutered male, and this is a neutered male? I wouldn't advise it. Odds are more likely they'd fight than get on.

Just because the bun was friendly to the other rabbits he was in with doesn't mean he wouldn't fight with an adult unneutered male. And just because Teal'c is a cute friendly bun with you doesn't mean he'd not turn aggressive if you brought another male home.

Unless you are happy to keep two separate rabbits for the next 10 years if it doesn't work then I'm afraid it's not a good idea :(

Sorry, should have clarified who's got what bits...I wanted an un-neutered male and Teal'c will be neutered next month...

I'd get it, it obviously deserves a good home. I'm in a similar situation where there is a netherland dwarf in my local petshop and they have reduced the price of him because he 'needs attention'. As far as I can see he is just nervous. You could always sponsor a rescue bun so you don't feel guilty.

You could attempt bonding if both males were neutered (and had been for at least 6 weeks to allow for the hormones to go). But the odds of successfully bonding two males are much lower.

If you're happy and able to house them both separately if it doesn't work out that's fine. If you want a pair to live together wait and get Teal'c neutered then get a girl to go with him.

Tam

There are so many nice bunnies out there - I went into a pet shop today (for dog food)... they had an orange and white dutchy, a black mini-rex and a grey one too... a gorgeous fluffy grey bunny, a spotty mini-lop... among others... all stunning and all deserving good homes. Will I go back for one tomorrow? NO... in my opinion, if you don't want to support the pet-shop trade of live mammals - you need to be strong and resist. You can't 'rescue' all the rabbits in pet shops from going to other homes... didn't stop me from cooing ovet them and giving the brave ones nose-rubs! ;) :D

There are so many nice bunnies out there - I went into a pet shop today (for dog food)... they had an orange and white dutchy, a black mini-rex and a grey one too... a gorgeous fluffy grey bunny, a spotty mini-lop... among others... all stunning and all deserving good homes. Will I go back for one tomorrow? NO... in my opinion, if you don't want to support the pet-shop trade of live mammals - you need to be strong and resist. You can't 'rescue' all the rabbits in pet shops from going to other homes... didn't stop me from cooing ovet them and giving the brave ones nose-rubs! ;) :D

:thumb:

I only go in to bug people looking at them, and usually get asked to leave unless im buying something :oops: :oops: :oops:

:thumb:

I only go in to bug people looking at them, and usually get asked to leave unless im buying something :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too, my husband usually drags me out of P@H when I start harassing them and following them to see what size hutch their looking at !!

Seriously though get Teal'c neutured and then find him a lovely rescue girly:D

Nicola

I want a companion for Teal'c, not just for me, so I guess I'll wait. I keep asking Teal'c if he wants a girlfriend, but I guess the only 'human' he knows is "Teal'c", "TEAL'C!!!", "food" and "treat". :rolleyes:

Back