• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

an update of our mad house

well its been a week since the gorgeous Saffy & Eddy (formerly Edina, formerly Pru, she is a girl but Eddy suits her more than Edina :lol: ) came to live with us.

at the moment we still have Bracken & Frida in the attic with us until we decide what to do. it is working out quite well though as we have loads of space up there. Frida seems very happy in our room (although she has worked out that if she scrats at the bathroom door it will open and she keeps trapping herself in there :lol: ). Bracken also seems a lot more confident - i think perhaps she enjoys knowing we are around and she is getting on really well with Frida.

Lola is intrigued with Saffy & Eddy's room - she tries to sly in behind me whenever i open the door. Saffy & Eddy arent fazed by the huge size difference though and seem keen to get to know her (they are silly at times :lol: ).

Zeb hates them :( but he hates all of the others anyway, so I didnt expect anything else. He sulked for the first 4 days with his ears down (he usually has helicopter ears) but he seems to have realised now that his mummies still love him. I just have to make sure there is another barrier round the run when they are out or he'll eat them alive. They, on the other hand, both seem to fancy him. (I told you they were silly).

Gus hasnt really noticed them, but he only has eyes for Lola bless him.

We have been grooming Saffy & Eddy every day and they look gorgeous - until the get out in the wind and then they look bedraggled again :shock: They are very high maintenance. They are really friendly now - they will eat out of my hand, and seem to want new toys every day. Saffy is a real madam and bosses Eddy around, even though Saffy is the tiny one. Eddy is more placid although she's easier to catch than Saffy.

We are switching them to SS which they love, and they are also into their veg. They are a bit fussy with hay but seem to love Oxbow Timothy (being divas, they would go for the expensive stuff :lol:). I've just ordered them a cardboard guy house, and they have a tunnel and loads of seagrass and wood toys.

They enjoyed the run in the garden for the first day. Once they discovered the garden itself though, they sulk now if i put them in the run :lol:

Aww - buns on every floor:D

As soon as I open the second bun room door about 5 of my 13 try & get in with the fosters. It's really annoying:? I've nearly stood on Polly twice :oops:

Aww - buns on every floor:D

As soon as I open the second bun room door about 5 of my 13 try & get in with the fosters. It's really annoying:? I've nearly stood on Polly twice :oops:

o the joys of bunnies getting under feet. i almost kicked frida in the head the other day when she followed me into the loo - its a good job i dont wear shoes in the house. i keep forgetting how fast she is.

no, seriously though although it sounds chaos, we have it worked out pretty well. no pen downstairs anymore as zeb has the full run of the living room now he's a good bun. the big spare room is divided into 2 for gus & lola (who also has the run of the landing and bunny bathroom), and the other spare room contains saffy & eddy and all the bunny supplies.

my office is now in the lobby, and frida has access to this and our bedroom. and bracken has a very large pen in our room right under one of the windows.

if we do move soon though, it will have to be either somewhere with either 4 bedrooms or a dining room :lol:

o and the piggies are in with Gus (and their pen has been remodelled and moved onto our old kitchen table to prevent him getting in). he now enjoys his extra hidey-hole under the table :D

o the joys of bunnies getting under feet. i almost kicked frida in the head the other day when she followed me into the loo - its a good job i dont wear shoes in the house. i keep forgetting how fast she is.

if we do move soon though, it will have to be either somewhere with either 4 bedrooms or a dining room :lol:

I'm already planning a loft conversion & a shed setup:oops: :lol:

You just reminded me to find out which little :censored: keeps weeing in my bun-room trainers.:? Probably Polly getting her own back:lol:

you sound very organised ....amnd you still have a garage free :D ;)

well we never did get round to clearing it out after we decided garage life wasnt for the fluffballs so its actually impossible to access for all the rubbish that there is no room for indoors :lol:

we are going to finish boarding it out though and sort it out - but we are not filling it with rabbits!!! you can all quote me on that if i start fantasising about new bunnies :lol:

Back