• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More unwanted rabbits!!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Just received this email today:

Hi Amy,

My mum's next door neighbour has two rabbits who are in desperate need of a new home, they live in Walesby Nottinghamshire. Do you know anyone amongst your rabbit friends that would be interested? They have just got a puppy and with him and their small child I think they are being a little neglected. I think they are flop eared.
If you can think of anyone let me know and I will pass the details on to my Mum. She is taking it in hand as I think if left up to her young neighbours they would do nothing.
Sorry to bother you as I know you've had your handsful but when my mum asked you where the only one I could think of that may know someone.
Cheers Amy!

:evil: Gah! Another case of a new puppy being more interesting that the boring old rabbits. Don't you just feel as though you're banging your head against a brick wall sometimes? :evil:

I currently have 18 rabbits at my house, so really can't take any more on at the moment, even though I feel really bad.

Don't suppose anyone can help out?

Amy

Awww poor bunnies :( At least they are giving them up - my next door neighbour has neglected her rabbit for a year and won't even sell it me for £25 because her daughter 'loves it' :roll:

Sorry I can't help though - full house here too :(

Some people are hopeless. Really. And pathetic. Very pathetic. If I sit and think about how rabbits are regarded/treated by many people, I get all mad and upset. :/

so many are coming in now because of puppies:roll: - where I board mine, the lady hass had so many come in...
and she summed it up so well...

'it's like giving your son away, cos now you have just had a daughter'

How some people live with themselves I do not know...
Wish I could help - hope you find homes for them

Poor little bunnies:cry: I have an 11mth old puppy and I certainly dont let the buns suffer cos I have him! But they live indoors in a room off the kitchen, so an integral part of family life! But to me there is no excuse... I would love to help... but I live too far away and a bit short of funds at present! Good luck with getting them a home though!

I had a dog when I got my first bunny...he's 7 now and I have 3 rabbits and one syrian hamster (occasionally two) yet that never caused me any problems:roll:

Back