• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I built this weekend

Stanley's Mom

Warren Scout
Well, this weekend I've done nothing but build, build and build. I'm making a new run that is attached to the bunny shed. I'm doing it on a budget. I've used old wood that used to be a fence. I think it has turned out pretty good. I still need to put a mesh roof on yet. It's my birthday soon and my Mum asked me what I wanted, so I told her "A roll of wire mesh" so thats what I got. My sister is getting me the same so I should have the roof on soon. My kids thought I was crazy when I showed them my birthday present. My plan is to end up with a bunny shed 8' X 6' and a run 16' X 9' for less that £100 up to now I've spent £62. NOT BAD EH!
Here it is so far. When it is finished the buns will be able to come out of a cat flap that used to be a window, down a ramp and into the run.

100_0382.jpg

There is mesh all around which overlaps the ground so that they can't dig. Can anybody suggest anything that I can put on the ground to stop them digging holes all over. I saw some plastic ground mesh today. Has anyone used this?

Last edited:
Looks fantastic - well done :p I would guess they'd chew plastic mesh no problem so you could either use proper cage mesh (not chicken wire with the bigger holes as it's not strong and rusts) and then cover it with bark chips - not sure if it would just end up as one big toilet though :roll: Maybe they won't dig - some bunnies don't?

:shock: WOW :shock:

That is excellent :D Not sure what you could use to stop them digging (mine are on concrete, so i've never had to worry) Good luck finishing it though, it looks fab :D

Looks great! I had my bunny shed erected last week. It was a present for my 15th wedding anniversary! So your not the only strange person that asks for bunny acessories instead of presents:D :oops: :oops:
I have found the grass a bit smelly this week as my new buck insists on natural urinating on a corner of the run and the grass has died. :shock: He won't use litter trays and tips them over. I have decided to have it paved. It will be easier to clean on i hope he will then prefer litter tray.

Thats brilliant.

Maybe you could acquire some old paving slabs and put those down around the edges or something similar?

That is one fantastic shed and run!! You must have worked very hard!!:lol: I put my diggy rabbits on concrete as Pixie and Isabelle were digging to Oz when I put them on the grass!!:lol: Maybe, like the others said, you could get some reclaimed paving slabs for the edges? Or weld mesh to cover the ground? Not sure on that really...

Back