• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would you class...

Bunny fighting to me is when they lock on to each other, circling each other and will not stop unless someone intervenes.

Fur loss when pairing rabbits up and chasing and bottom biting is all part of normal pairing up which can go on for weeks, therefore I would not count that as fighting.

I'd say when you can't tell where one ends and the other begins! When they are scrapping and there is fur floating around.
Plus, blood is an obvious sign :)

Bunny fighting to me is when they lock on to each other, circling each other and will not stop unless someone intervenes.

Fur loss when pairing rabbits up and chasing and bottom biting is all part of normal pairing up which can go on for weeks, therefore I would not count that as fighting.

I agree - scary :shock:

what about if they start chasing when one tries to hump the other, they chase for about a minute (no biting) and then sit and snuggle?

x

what about if they start chasing when one tries to hump the other, they chase for about a minute (no biting) and then sit and snuggle?

x

That doesnt sound like real fighting hun :D Trip and Scarlett were doing this last week for a minute or two then cuddling :D

you know what im like, i always panic. all is calm, marsha is eating carrot and lilly is asleep..

is it natural for marsha to humplilly's head? its funny as in strange (not ha ha) and i do feel sorry for lills x

No that's normal unspayed female behaviour - my girls are the same but loved up most of the time - it's only a problem if neither rabbit will accept the dominance behaviour of the other one - like today Zinneia was demanding a groom from Primrose, but Primrose doesn't groom any of them - she tried to be tactful by also sitting in the 'head down now groom me' position, and they both sat side by side, head to head waiting, then when Primrose ran off (probably forgot what she was doing :roll: ) Zinniea was outraged at her cheek and chased after her to tell her off - but nothing nasty, no fur pulled or biting, just a nip on the bum.

I can't find a photo but a fight looks something like this, or with them head to tail.

fight.gif

Humping is normal (even if it's a head) that's their way of showing dominance.

Back