• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please.

Well not really sure what to do for the best now. I have 7 buns who all live together in a 8 by 6 shed with a run the same size attached, so plenty of space. The last to come into the group was Ash, she joined them half way through April. I knew she would be the hardest to bond in as she is a feisty little thing and previously has always been on her own - she came from OH's colleague at work as another unwanted child's pet. She was spayed about 10 weeks ago as I thought this might help her settle. But she is still the one causing problems. The boys she pretty much leaves alone, but the 2 other girls and her seem to squabble. She has a lot of small scabs on her back and so does one of the others. I think Ash is nipping at Thyme and Pistachio is nipping at Ash. I know it is Thyme nipping Ash as Thyme has no front teeth :lol:
But what do I do for the best? I just don't have the facilities to put Ash separate from the others. Really torn, is there anything else I can try? Any herbal remedies I can give Ash to help her calm down?
Cheers in advance for any advice!
x Jess

:wave: no advice sorry, other than to seperate her off into a seperate hutch/run and get her a male partner as she seems to prefer males

I'm not sure really :? If she's been in there since April then they've had plenty of time to settle down.
Are the problems centered around anything particular like food time? Are there any other times when they seem for argumentative? Do they seem to be happy and relaxed at other times?

Have you seen them fighting badly at all, or is it just nipping and chasing? My 4 girls all nip and chase - but they love each other too and snuggle plenty, so unless one was looking seriously thin, harrassed or obviously beaten I let them get on with it - it's not called a pecking order for nothing, and with bunnies it's a 'nipping order' - just watch no abscesses form under the scabs from small nips.

My girls always seem to get a lot more fiesty to each other when I am around - they are convinced I have food permanently in my hands so they get a bit jealous. Also I would guess that handling one rabbit would make the others a bit uppity as they'd smell different - but I never handle my girls as they're half wild anyway.

Not really seen any fighting, she just has small scabs on her back end. She quite often sits alone but i think she wants to be boss and so does the other! I usually hear a commotion about 11pm after lights out, but it lasts about 20 seconds then stops. She is thin but she eats plenty, in fact scoffs with all the others so i dont think and have never seen any fights over food, but then i am always careful to spread the food out and make sure there are plenty of feed stations - they have 8 bowls between them all :shock: ! She quite often is led looking very relaxed on one of the dog beds, in fact i posted a pic of her in the black bun thread doing just this. She doesn't seem overly stressed, just has these scabs on her back :? thanks guys. x Jess

Back