• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something strange has happened - fur everywhere

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I just got up, and checked on the buns... and in Opal and Benjamins run, there is fur all over... what appears to be both Opals and Benjamins... their water bottle had also fallen off (which has happened before)... im so worried as i havnt a clue what has happened. I am scared something has tried to get them... they are snuggled up together in their hutch now, and both appear fine. I dont think they would fight??? :( :( :( :(

Sounds like they have had a bit of a fight in the night..I'd check them for any bite wounds ..could have been something near their run which set them off..
lets hope it doesn't happen again.

don't panic too much Daisy and Rufus were together from very young but odd things would make them squabble..nothing serious just a bit of fur removal..99% of the time they loved each other:D

Right i have just been out (got drenched) and checked them both over, no bite wounds anywhere, just a bit of loose fur around their bums, so does look as though they have been fighting. They are grooming each other now :roll: :roll:. I have also picked up all the loose fur as the benjamin sometimes tries to eat it :shock: Thanks for your help, i feel a bit better now. o/h will be keeping an eye on them today while im out.

My girls have their moments like this and it's usually set off by Maa coming and peeing next to the shed door, so it might have been the squirrel but I wonder if wild rabbits can get in your garden?

Im not sure if they could..., i suppose they could 'dig' in... this squirrel jumped the fence and was hopping around polo and oscars hutch... but they were fine.

Well wild bunnies carry myxi, as well as start fights, so I'd try and make the garden bunny proof in that case :?

The only way they could get in would be via a neighbours garden and digging in... They cant get in any other way, unless they could jump a 5ft fence? Ive never seen a wild bunny in the garden, just that squirrel...

awwww bless them!
My 2 are joined at the hip but just very occassionally if one of them wants to have what the other has or wants to sit there - a bum nip is the first thing they do and causes fur to fly - especially if there's any moulting to. - I hope that was all it was for your2

Mine occasionally have a quick squable. Are they moulting? It would look worse than it was cos of excess hair. I hope they'll be ok. Do you want me to send Humpers to stand on guard? :D

Frankie and Jenny have the odd scuffle too and occasionally fur is pulled. I think it's just part of living with someone in close quarters: everyone falls out with their beloved occasionally (although I try to stop before it gets to hair pulling :oops: )

As long as they don't have any bite wounds, I'd just keep an eye on them. I'm sure they'll be fine! :D

PS. I just got drenched cleaning out Jenny and Frankie too :cry:

Thanks for your supportive words :D , yes they are both moulting... so it probably did look worse than it was. Rich said they have been fine today, snuggling up and grooming each other... so fingers crossed it doesnt happen again... norty buns!

They do remind me or a married couple though! :lol:

Back