• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf Lop eating more than a French Lop!!!!!

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Frasier (Dwarf lop) is like a super strength hoover when it comes to food!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: I put the bowl down and he doesn't stop till its all gone!! The hay too!! Annie loves her foodies but she has to eat faster just to make sure she gets her share.....!!

Darcy eats loads naturally for a frenchie but even he leaves food in his bowl for later!! :shock: :lol: :lol: This was part of the reason of their fighting during bonding as Frasier was always trying to get at Darcy's bowl to polish off what he left and DArcy went beserk....:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if its something to do with where Frasier was rescued from? Maybe they didn't feed him very much or often - or maybe enough to share with others??:? What do you reckon?:D

Here is the lovely boy himself....:love: :rabbit2:

August037.jpg

Last edited:
No comment on the feeding but hes a Dwarf lop, not a Mini Lop, for a start hes too big to be a Mini lop, secondly his heads the wrong shape for a Mini Lop, they have 'apple' shaped heads.

He is a very handsome chap!

just keep an eye on his weight..an overweight bun is not good news..for the sake of the heart and skeleton..aswell as other organs....

He's just greedy, that's all! :lol:

Both Duchess and Pete dive into their food bowl as if there was no tomorrow, or as if they were close to starvation. But Pete does not empty the bowl, he stops after a small portion of pellets and saves the rest for later. Annie never was that greedy when I put the bowl into her hutch. My other 3 come running up the ramp and start munching, but they also stop after a while and save the rest for later.

just keep an eye on his weight..an overweight bun is not good news..for the sake of the heart and skeleton..aswell as other organs....

I am - even tho the guilt trips he gives me are sooooooo hard!!!!!!!:oops: :oops: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: I just keep giving them more and more hay - which he is good at eating as well so I'm happy!!

I think its hard for Frasier as when he hears Darcy later eating what he left his bowl earlier...it makes Frasier want more and give me a look of "you fed them but not me!!!" which makes my heart break!!:cry:

But then Darcy can be just as bad....when I'm topping up hay troughs he gets really suspicious and he and Beatrix shove their heads right up to the baby gate to try and check what the others are eating...:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's just greedy, that's all! :lol:

Both Duchess and Pete dive into their food bowl as if there was no tomorrow, or as if they were close to starvation. But Pete does not empty the bowl, he stops after a small portion of pellets and saves the rest for later. Annie never was that greedy when I put the bowl into her hutch. My other 3 come running up the ramp and start munching, but they also stop after a while and save the rest for later.

:lol: Yeah Annie Beatrix and Darcy all leave some for later....hopefully Frasier will calm down and realise he is always going to be fed!!:lol:

PS. I finished HP!!! Wow!!! :shock: :D

Back