• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-bonding query...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
... we've begun re-bonding J and K as they were neutered on Weds, but Kitt is acting very strange.

Now I understand that they will still try and hump after the neuter, owing to dominance, but Kitt is proper randy... he starts and bites, then humps... then stops.. then repeats it a few times before they sit down together and be cute, then he starts all over again. Jamie doesn't seem to mind much, but he occasionally objects to the biting (and rightly so).

I'm really worried about this, and just want to know if this is normal behaviour? We've done the bonding in neutral territory, as advised, and there was no fighting.. but is this humpage going to be a regular occurence?

Any advice would be grand

x

If they were only neutered on Weds I wouldn't let any of this go on as they may hurt what must still be a sore wound? They will still be hormonal for many weeks - it takes 8 weeks for their sperm count to go down.

I would let them recover first :D Trip and Scarlett fell out after her spay and I waited a couple of weeks before rebonding them because I wanted her to recover from the op first :D

Back