• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new arrival!

kath w

Warren Scout
hi!! im new to rabbit keeping, getting my first one tomorow!! i just wondering when will i be able to pick him up?? we've seen him, hes very tame and friendly, and loves to be picked up. i dont want to freak him out or scaring him! thanks
kath:wave:
x-x

new arrival

hi :wave:
i always recomend that when people adopt from me they leave the bunny for 24 hours to settle in then start cuddling etc. it can be stressful for the bunny, new accomadation, new owners etc so id let him settle first :)

:wave: Welcome to RU I'd let your rabbit settle in for a day or two, sit by his cage/hutch and read a book and get him generally used to your presence. With rabbits it's a case of gaining their trust and not frightening them. Enjoy!!

Yes it's a good idea to sit on the floor and let him come to you (assuming he's an indoor bunny) If he's in a hutch outside then you have no choice but pick him up so be warned they really hate being picked up when they get older - baby rabbits are always easy to handle till about 4 months old. I get around this by having my hutches open onto a fenced part of the patio, which also opens to the house, but some people train their rabbit to hop into a cat carrier if it turns out they don't like being carried. Hope it all goes well :D

thanks for the replies!! cant wait till i can cuddle him !! ( his name is charlie ands hes a lion head lop):wave:

Back