• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've become ever so slightly obsessed with rabbit poo.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
No, it really IS as strange as it sounds. :oops:

Because my boy-bunny, Barney, is going through a mega moult (it's ridiculous) he wasn't pooping at all last weekend. Now, with us giving him pineapple daily, he's pooping... I keep picking out poos to 'test' for fur content. Most have a bit of fur in, some have quite a bit in. If he doesn't do as many as the day before, I get anxious. If he does more, I go and praise him... Poor guy. He sits looking at me like I'm crazy. And now I'm looking from one rabbit run, to the other, wondering why one bunny has done more poo than the other. And trying to work out how 'fresh' the poos that are currently on the grass are.

It's only a matter of time before rabbit poo appears in my dreams. Really.

:lol: :lol: I'm laughing because you are describing my own behaviour! First it was because I changed his diet to include more fibre (I kept one poo a day for about a week to see if they were getting better :oops:) and now he is moulting and has furry poos... I've been defurring him (only his tummy is moulting :? and he hates me touching it) and giving him bromelain and constantly monitoring poo size and production :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

I'm not alone! :D
I even have a 'kit' now. I use a brick as my 'table', a round pebble to crush the poo with, and a sharp edge one to pull it apart. I can recognize poos now that have a fair amount of fur in.

I should really stop typing. :oops: But it's so interesting!

I'm the same! Smokey sufferes terribly with furballs because she is so fluffy. I give her a papaya tablet everyday but even so, I'm obsessed!

Back