• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Aguti-bunny-tread

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
In fear of copying tracyuk I figured we needed a treat to honour the gorgeous aguti-rabbits.
A pet store around us won't even accept these cuties as they can't sell them quick enough:? Which with me makes no sense.

All aguti-based rabbits, whether they are fully coloured, broken or any other marking are welcome:D
I'm starting with the first rabbit I ever loved.
Her name was Kiara, she was my favourite rabbit at school.
Unfortunately my teacher decided we no longer had room for her:evil: so she asked if I wanted her. I did of course, but my mom wouldn't let me keep two rabbits at the time (I already had Zakura, and putting the girls together was out of the question, Kiara had been living with her sister and ever since then she had been very aggresive towards other rabbits)
Ki_chan_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

RIP my gorgeous girl:cry:
My first rabbit Zakura is aguti too, chestnut aguti to be precise (or I was told that on another forum, english colour-names isn't my strongest side:oops: in Norway it's called (directly translated) "aguti yellow")
2_Years_ago_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here she is as a baby. The very day I got her. She was 7 weeks old.
And here she is only a few months ago:
charming3.jpg

Another gorgeous and extremely good-natured aguti. She actually got Best in breed at a rabbit show once, before she was overfed and now she's extremely fat. The annoying fact is my teacher didn't want to breed her very often just because of the pet store refusing to take in aguti rabbits.
Pysjpopbaluba_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here are my contributions!:D

CheeChee
ACheeChee2.jpg

Petal
APetalRresize.jpg

And My Beloved British Giant Boy, Tommy, Who I Lost In March This Year :cry: XXXXX
Tommy22Jan074.jpg

Well it's true no-one wants agoutis - my boys were in rescue nearly a year due to their colour :( They are/were (poor Pepsi died from bloat after 4 months) the sweetest natured bunnies :)

hay.jpg

Tia (also departed :( ) was an agouti nethie - very cute indeed :p

P1010002.jpg

And I even have Beattie, an agouti guinea pig :shock:

beattie.jpg

My gorgeous boy Clover - he was in rescue for a year, probably because of his 'boring' colour :(

AstaCloverJune2007029.jpg

I got to pick Ben from a petshop near me - I'm friends with the manageress and she heard I'd lost several of my buns and Nina needed a friend soon, so she said I could pick any of the buns upstairs. Typically I ignore the lovely rexes, gorgeous lionheads and fall in love with the older agouti lop sitting in the corner doing nothing :lol:
benpic.jpg

benpic5.jpg

(disclaimer, as these things seem necessary :lol: I didn't pay for him and I'm personally happy taking a bun that's going to just sit there growing older in a petshop rather than go to a rescue when the buns there are already in a safe, happy environment. I wouldn't pay for him but I don't even buy my pet supplies at this shop, just pop in to chat with the manageress and keep her updated on animal-y stuff)

Some of the rescue agoutis....some may re appear with their new owners on here!
Haven't included broken or dutches or the thread would go on for ever!:oops:
Dooley
Dooleya.jpg

Smudge
Smud.jpg

Tammy
Tammyb-1.jpg

Felix
felixa.jpg

Dawn
Dawn.jpg

Madrid
Madrid.jpg

Arnie
Arnieb.jpg

Rachel
rachela.jpg

Penny
Pennya.jpg

Reuby-doos
Reubc.jpg

Devon
Devonb.jpg

Twizzle
Twiz.jpg

Flora
flo.jpg

Poppy
Poppysnuggle.jpg

Acorn
ACORN.jpg

Faith
Faith.jpg

Elsa
Elsa.jpg

And my own Fern with her basket of goodies!
Fernhol.jpg

Barney(Madrids brother) is agouti and white
100_0715.jpg

Roxy (Rachel on Jills post) is hardcore agouti
100_0649.jpg

Do they have to be pure agouti to be classed as agouti? ie is Barney agouti and white?

I forgot how gorgeous Madrid is. My heart just skipped beat :cry: I want him

Last edited:
isabel i didn't post all the agouit mixes or the post would have been miles long

but yep Barney is agouti..and white!:lol:
and Madrid doesn't look like the cute babe he was anymore
he looks like this
Madridandtyre.jpg

:D

isabel i didn't post all the agouit mixes or the post would have been miles long

but yep Barney is agouti..and white!:lol:
and Madrid doesn't look like the cute babe he was anymore
he looks like this
Madridandtyre.jpg

:D

Good point!

I still love him. He went to another home in the end didn't he? I think Roxy would have had her work cut out with two boys to keep in check.

Do they have to be pure agouti to be classed as agouti? ie is Barney agouti and white?

I forgot how gorgeous Madrid is. My heart just skipped beat :cry: I want him

Well like I said, any aguti-bunny is welcome.
Barney appers to be what we called Aguti capped, so he passes.
Beutiful bunnies everyone:D

Back