• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie is home for the weekend :-)

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Hooray! We've not long got back from the vets. Charlie has been there all week after he became ill on Sunday. We didn't know if it was a stroke, EC or ear infection so he's been treated for all of them. He's been bright and happy all week - eating, pooping etc (although he is on metaclopramide to be on the safe side). Progress has been very slow!

Sunday - flopped on side, totally twisted up, head turned so he was facing over his shoulder
Monday - straightened up, but still on his side
Tuesday - started to move his head
Wednesday - started to lift his head
Thursday - trying to push up on his front legs
Friday - sometimes being on all 4's
Saturday - mostly on all fours but still has a very severe head tilt, but he's even hopping around a little bit even though its rather stumbly and he's falling over a lot.

I am so so happy with him, especially after the emergency vet said I should put him to sleep cos he's 8 and wouldn't get through what ever it was! My vet has been brilliant, as have the nurses who have been looking after him. He's my little soldier and I am so so proud of him. :D :D

I was also really worried that he and his friend Lavender would fight as they've not seen each other for a week. I tested her by putting him in front of her in his carry box to see what she did - she sniffed him a bit and then sat herself up against the grill at the front. I got Charlie out and put him in the base of an old feraplast cage on some vet bed etc, and Lavender jumped in there and sniffed him, then they exchanged a few little licks. I'm sure it'll take a while for them to be together again properly but so far so good - he's going back to the vets on Monday so theres no point in sorting it out properly now anyhow.

So, I've had injection lessons this morning, had one practice go whilst with the vet and I'm feeling fairly confident on that front. Right now I'm having to force myself to stop hugging him and leave him to go to sleep! :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwww I am so pleased you have Charlie home :D

It sounds as though he is making steady progress every day which is excellent news :D :D

Janex

Back