• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Becoming aggressive - oh no!

kelzuna

Warren Scout
Hi! :wave:

My bunny Liquorice is around 16wks old, not neutered. He is increasingly becoming more aggressive.

He has started 'going for us' when we try to pick him up or sometimes just to stroke him. More so with my fiance than me, but has has tried to bite me quite a few times this week.

He has had a runny eye due to a blocked tear duct since we got him, so the vet has given us yet another course of eye drops to give him.

He was biting before that (not as much) but i think it may be down to the drops. He doesnt trust us anymore because we keep sticking these awful things in his eyes - pooor thing! :cry: My fiance puts the drops in while i hold him (he struggles like mad) - i think this is why the frequency of biting has increased.

How can we get him to trust us again? My fiance is heartbroken as he loves him to bits!

We are going to get him neutered when we get back from our holidays...will this calm him down?

It may be hormonal as well - he's hitting puberty. Agression and other over the top behaviour can be caused by sexual maturation. Neutering should help a lot.

I would neuter him. Oscar used to be extremely territorial and would box me when i went anywhere near him, and hated being picked up. He would only let me stroke him on his terms. Neutering did not help this much (although it helped with other things like spraying!), although getting him a friend has done him the world of good. He will let me pick him up, loves cuddles and being stroked. I think he was just lonely.

I think bunnies can become agressive when they are lonely. A friend would be really good for him. :D

I would definately get him neutered. It will certainly help. I had a similar prob with my Monty he kept going for o/h Idaren't say how man bites he had!!! anyway - he (monty, not O/H!!!) was neutered just before Christmas last year and he is a lot calmer. But it may stil take a quite a few weeks after the op for the hormones to calm down. Good luck!

Andrea

its natural for the occassional nip... but not so often...

I would say its time to get him neutered and get him a wife... you'll see a marked improvement im sure x

Back