• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She keeps climbing up, onto her hay rack.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I've apparently adopted an imp of a bunny. Which is excellent, because Barney's full of mischief himself an so any friend had to be able to keep up with him... And she's great entertainment value. Only last night, when bringing the two of them in from their runs, she decided to dig a hole I could fit my hand into, all because she was alone out there for five minutes.

But this morning, Amber decided to learn a new trick and hop up, onto her hay rack. The hay rack is a weird, green one. I've never liked it, but it was the only one Pets At Home had to offer. And Amber's a baby, and rather small, so she can hop up and into it, despite it hanging on the front of the hutch. The problem is, I'm far too aware that, with one wrong move, a leg could get caught and she could break something. So I'm going to spoil her fun, and take away this new toy. Hopefully I can find a rack like Barney's instead... Anyone else have rabbits who try to/can jump up and sit in the hay rack?

I really wish I'd taken a picture.

I went for the budget option hay rack and got a 49p Asda Smartprice storage basket (other supermarkets are available). This just happens to be the perfect size for nibbler to sit in and munch his hay too!

Oh and I'm sure she'll hop in there again so have the camera ready!

IMG_1626.jpg

Yep, I've got one who like to sit in her hay rack. Hoops is a complete nutter! She's not doing it so much now that she's bigger. Instead she takes it down and drags it round the hutch!

Inky will climb anything (so will Smokey but she is a bit more cautious). I use a wiker basket hay rack from the hay experts and it works well.

If not just put a pile in the corner.

i agree about the legs thing . its a worry. i have taken bill n bens out as bill kept jumping into it and getting stuck. now they have a plastic box instead for safetys sake.

my rosie did this with ours but then mo started copying and he was too big to do this i was worried about the gaps to so removed it

lisa

Back