• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur

Kipper

Mama Doe
The instructions say give 1 syringe graduation per 2.5kg body weight.

Munch is 2.6kg

Should I give him 1 or 2 graduations?

I dont want to overdose him but obviously dont want to under dose either.

Any advice?

My rabbits have had Panacur and will be having it again. They are about 2.5kg and have one dose of the Paste in the syringe each. You turn the twiddly thing till it lines up.
I'm having trouble getting hold of Panacur paste, and was going to mention this. My old Vet had it in stock, no proble, I could just walk in and buy it. I've registered at 2 Vets since relocating to a City (the first Vet I wasn't all that taken with), and neither of them have it in stock. The Vet I am with, says they won't order it because it comes in boxes of 10 and they just won't use it!!! Am I the only one who needs it???? Unbelievable. Well, it turns out they have it in Liquid form (which they tell me is cheaper) and is for Rabbits.
Is it specifically for Rabbits, does anyone know?
I currently have a dose of Panacur paste for each of my rabbits left to last 7 days each, but they have to take it for 9 days preventitive, so I needed more. My rabbit Willow had Headtilt in February this year and recovered but my old Vet reccomended I give them Pancur as a preventitivie measure throughout the year. So That is what I am trying to do!

you can buy it from several online stores ;)
When i gave mine panacur i got the kitten liquid and gave it by syringe

Id recommend buying it from viovet.co.uk You need to spend around £10.00 for them to deliver but ordering 2 lots of Panacur will come to just over that. I buy mine plus the Frontline for my cats & it was delivered the day after I ordered it. Great service.

yep i'd also recommend going online for them. i got mine from Wormers.co.uk. I think min order is £5, but that means buy two and you have it sorted. I got 4 i think for under £20. no p and p over £5. They have a huge use by date too so you can keep it for next time. Also I think th e paste is probably easier to administer than the solution. Mine seem to love it!!

Hi,
Thanks for that, yeas, I ordered some this morning, cheaper than the Vets and the paste I wanted too, so pleased about that.
Thanks.:wave:

Back