• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Belgian Hare

I thought that also but my friend said the baby was dead with ears back like when they are first born and snout wrinkled and had fur!?
How many days till they get fur? She swears she checked on the female lots and it couldn't have been days old but am not so sure..... :?

Belgian Hare is the breed but they are in fact a species of rabbit, its a breed I dream of owning one day:D:love:
Kits get downy fuzz at about 3-5 days old and are usually fully fured by about a week old.

I thought that also but my friend said the baby was dead with ears back like when they are first born and snout wrinkled and had fur!?
How many days till they get fur? She swears she checked on the female lots and it couldn't have been days old but am not so sure..... :?

It could have been the baby was borna few days overdue - I've had slightly furred babies born before.

They are called Belgian Hares but are a breed of rabbit so are born blind, deaf and bald. My Ex used to breed these - they are stunning. Only problem is they hurtle around so much when young and their bones are so fine they are prone to breaking their legs :(

Back