• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable hutches for 2 bunnies??

Which hutches do u have for 2 bunnies? What size are they? Where did u buy them from?

Any pics?

It all depends on how much you want to spend? We ended up using a dog kennel for our bunny hutch as it has a large run (10' x6'). we found it after doing a lengthy search on the internet.

Phil

I cannot remember the site where we got our first dog kennel so i will post that link later once i've check it out with my partner. We have just had a another dog kennel (12x4) delivered and set up for us today - check out www.hutchnsuch.uk.com. they can make what ever you request as for example we had window put on the hutch part so when checking the buns we wont have to desturb them.

Phil

shed - 6x4 £140 from wilkos (also has a run out the front)
audrey.jpg

hutch - 6x2x2, run 12x4 £160 (can get the hutch and a 6x4 run for £110)
new1.jpg

which was then converted into:
front
ne1.jpg

back
ne3.jpg

:D

I got two of those £110 hutch and run combos and joined them all together to make a large hutch and extra large run for my two french lop boys.

So far I've joined the runs together and the roofs of the two hutches - I've still to remove the walls to make the one long large run. :roll:

They've had it a week and TODAY, TODAY ONLY they have only just learnt how to use the ramp :lol: No but really, I think they were too big to get down it as, last night I jigged the hole a bit longer and HEY PRESTO! they were down in the run when we got up this morning.

You gotta love 'em lol :D

BunnyMansion.jpg

I got two of those £110 hutch and run combos and joined them all together to make a large hutch and extra large run for my two french lop boys.

So far I've joined the runs together and the roofs of the two hutches - I've still to remove the walls to make the one long large run. :roll:

They've had it a week and TODAY, TODAY ONLY they have only just learnt how to use the ramp :lol: No but really, I think they were too big to get down it as, last night I jigged the hole a bit longer and HEY PRESTO! they were down in the run when we got up this morning.

You gotta love 'em lol :D

BunnyMansion.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic - they must love having so much space now and what a bargain :p Have they learned to UP the ramp though yet? :lol: Took my Tia a fortnight to figure that one out :roll: With Benny I put a pellet on each rung of the ladder and he got it in half an hour :D

As for the original question, I wouldn't have 2 average size bunnies in anything smaller than a 2x5 double or hutch over run - the ladder takes up too much room in anything smaller, and anything shallower than 2 foot/60cm is too unsheltered from rain and sun, and no upstairs floor space with the ladder hole either.

My 2 new buns are in a 6x2x2 hutch that sits ontop of a 6x4 run. I got this from The Happy Hutch Company.

Rabswood

mine have got an 8ft by 6ft shed with 8ft by 4ft run
its just bin put up this pic

2006_0408001.jpg

we have just got a 6 ft happy hutch as well for maisys new husband

2007_0809054.jpg

Last edited:
oooo! those 6x2 happy hutches look great! will def be saving up for one of those :D. did you order through their website or ebay, and did you have to ask for tongue and groove?

Back