• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The story of Midnight part 4

Steffany2277

Warren Scout
The next morning Steff woke up early to come see me. She picked me up and put me on her lap, I still stayed very still. I din't know what I was supposed to do. She tried to feed me some chopped up carrot, but I din't know if I was allowed to have it, so I thought it was best to leave it.
She then said "Don't worry little Midnight I'm not going to hurt you." it made me feel a little better and then she put me in a big run. It was the first time I had ever seen grass and I ran round on it and did lots of binkys!
I spent lots of time outside. It felt great to be free from my hutch!
Later in the day Steff and Jeff went to see the guinea pigs and Steff looked really sad. She picked up Pumpkin and put her in a box, and they all went in the car.
I didn't know what was going on. But I didn't like it.
As Steff came back she looked even worse. The box Pumpkin was in was now closed and she handed the box to Jeff and he went into the shed with her.
What was going on?
Steff came over to me and picked me up and sat down under the tree with me on her lap. I wasn't as scared as I was before. But Steff seemed really upset so I decided to be REALLY good.
Beside the tree there where three wooden posts, the first read SUGAR the next HONEY and the last SPICE-REX. Next to them there was a big hole and a new post.
Jeff came out and had Pumpkin in a new box, he showed her to Steff and she burst into tears. I snuggled into her. I didn't get what was going on, but I had needed Steff, and now she needed me.
Jeff placed Pumpkin in the whole and covered the box with dirt.
Steff put me away and sat there crying in front of the turned over dirt.
Steff started to talk to me after Jeff had gone. "Midnight Pumpkin was very ill, so we had to take her to the vets. But she didn't make it." She then turned to where the buried box was "Pumpkin, Midnight is not replacing you, she just came at a funny time."
After a while she left. I didn't get what had just happened. But I knew there was going to be no more pumpkin.

Back