• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free timothy hay

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I'm quite a fan of the normal dust free stuff, so ordered a bale of the new timothy to try on the buns and pigs, and.... a bit of a paws down on it from my fussy lot. :( I was really hoping to start giving them that rather than Oxbow, as it would work out cheaper.

Anyone else's bunnies tried it?

I got my timothy this week and the bunnies love it.The piggies however are not that carried away with it:rolleyes:
Still have 2 sacks of the dust free left so thats not too bad.
Why can,t they just all like the same:roll: :lol:

ours don't like any british grown timothy's :(

But ours are very very spoilt buns / chins.

We always use our buns to test out the new season hay samples as they are so fussy we know that if they like it that most other buns will too.

Mine are spoiled too. :roll: :lol: They quite liked the West Wales Willows one for a while, but then went off it.

I got my timothy this week and the bunnies love it.The piggies however are not that carried away with it:rolleyes:
Still have 2 sacks of the dust free left so thats not too bad.
Why can,t they just all like the same:roll: :lol:

I'm lucky if both the bunnies like the same hay, let alone the bunnies and piggies! :roll: :lol:

Both buns and piggies love the normal dust free hay, never tried the timothy one though!

I had a bit of a trauma when I brought my last ten bales: stalky or soft? I dunno which one we usually have :oops:

I haven't tried the timothy hay but have just got some of the 'normal' dust free hay. I requested stalky (don't remember having a choice before, is that a new thing? :? ) but it's actually pretty soft. Rosie's not as keen on it as she usually is :roll:

Both buns and piggies love the normal dust free hay, never tried the timothy one though!

I had a bit of a trauma when I brought my last ten bales: stalky or soft? I dunno which one we usually have :oops:

Me too! I've not opened the bales which arrived on Wednesday yet(stock- piling?? Moi??! ) so don't know if it's the usual stuff!!

:lol: I'm stock piling a bit too :oops:

I went for stalky in the end as I thought it's bound to be better for their teeth anyhow... I hope they still like it though! :lol:

well ive tried the timothy and they did like it but they ADORE the fresh hay i bought from the stables last week so they are helping out my pocket ;) :lol:
the timothy he had was nice but i guess if theres some fresh in a couple of weeks it will be even better. id be wary at the moment of being fobbed off with old stuff at premium prices. not normans- i just mean anywhere.

I ordered a bale for the first time this week and it arrived today. I got their normal hay in "stalkier" option as it said it had more "feed value" and I thought must be better for their teeth. I haven't given it to them yet as I'm still finishing off a box of Oxbow Timothy....but the sack is in the hall and Darcy and beatrix have been chewing the bag and some of its contents so thats always a good sign...:D

Well I just refilled their hay troughs with the new dust free hay and its getting their seal of approval right now!! Frasier hasn't noticed yet as he's sleeping!:rolleyes: :lol: So I shall be ordering some more of this stuff and stockpiling too - didn't want to until I knew my lot would eat it. :D

I get mine from West Wales Willow Warren, and Bobbin goes mad for it, he circles around the box whenever I get it out!

Back