• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How friendly can Bunnies be?

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
We have a young male French lop (14-15 weeks old) who we collected last Sunday. Within days he was jumping on the chair with us, following us around, grooming my hand etc. He is the friendliest bunny we have had the pleasure to be in the company of and look forward to the many years of friendship he will bring. Although, all our other bunnies are just as special in their own ways:D

Phil

Lionel.jpg

Lionel2.jpg

Above are Pics of Lionel, our new French lop, making himself at home within days of arriving.

Last edited:
He's absolutely beautiful, congratulations. And I'm glad to hear he's so friendly, Frenchies do have a reputation for being like that. My Teddy who's a Hustlander is very friendly and it's lovely to be groomed isn't it :)

Oh my goodness, he is GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love:

He would look lovely with my Sophie :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm very lucky in the sense that both my buns are incredibly friendly. Sophie will sit next to me for hours and Rudy would be happy for fuss 24/7 :lol:

ooh he's lovely. :love: Where did you get him from? I saw a very similar boy called Lionel in a rescue near me and he was very licky and friendly. Bless

Awww, Lionel is absolutely gorgeous =] =]

My 2 are really affectionate. Jamie loves to be held like a baby ... and if you give him ample nose rubs whilst holding him like so, he'll happily fall asleep in your arms =], Kitt isn't quite so keen on being held, but if you're sat down on the sofa he'll want to sit behind you, or on your shoulder, and give you lots of kisses. Jamie's just started with the kisses too... if you go to stroke them, it's like they're showing their appreciation =]

I have to admit I'm not a confident holder. All our other buns do not like being picked up, prob because they sense i'm not confident, so i do not attempt to as do not want to stress them out.

Phil

Last edited:
Sophie refuses to be picked up, so I wouldn't worry!!!

Rudy however, would be happy in my hangbag being carried around all day!! :lol:

aaawww Lionel is gorgeous!!! :D Looks like he got alot of growing to do to get as big as his ears are :shock: :lol: :lol:

Laura... Rudy is welcome to sit in my handbag anyday ;) :lol:

That's the Lionel. We go him from a re-homing centre in Yorkshire along with a female called Rebecca.

Phil

I thought he was the same Lionel. He was at the Bunny Camp Sanctuary in Bradford. I met him when he'd just come in and he was really boney and under fed. He was so friendly though, when I stroked him he was licking my had like mad. Glad he's found a new home. I have one reserved from there called Michael if all goes well bonding my bun with him, we'll be getting him in a few weeks.

I thought he was the same Lionel. He was at the Bunny Camp Sanctuary in Bradford. I met him when he'd just come in and he was really boney and under fed. He was so friendly though, when I stroked him he was licking my had like mad. Glad he's found a new home. I have one reserved from there called Michael if all goes well bonding my bun with him, we'll be getting him in a few weeks.

My partner, Claire, travelled there from Norwich to collect him and Rebecca. Claire was very impressed with Bunny Camp.

You will be pleased to hear lionel is slowely putting on the weight he should be for his age.

Phil

My partner, Claire, travelled there from Norwich to collect him and Rebecca. Claire was very impressed with Bunny Camp.

You will be pleased to hear lionel is slowely putting on the weight he should be for his age.

Phil

Aww that's good that he's putting weight on - not sure what his story was - had he been abandoned? I love the bunny camp they are really friendly. Think I am going back next weekend to see how my reserved bun is doing.

aaawww Lionel is gorgeous!!! :D Looks like he got alot of growing to do to get as big as his ears are :shock: :lol: :lol:

Laura... Rudy is welcome to sit in my handbag anyday ;) :lol:

Haha, ok, If I can put Simba in mine!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Back