• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possibilities:: Male and Male

Male And Male

• Yes Bonding two bucks not from the same litter is possible

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No Its impossible to bond to bucks together that arent from the same litter

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Yep I have two neutered boys as a bonded pair, Joey and Mr C in my siggy. It is best they are neutered though :D

I've done it before with 3 unrelated boys :)
triosnuggled.jpg

I think the important thing is to realise that it may not work and be prepared to house them seperately/get them girlfriends for company but it's certainly not impossible, and definately get them neutered (mine were all bonded 4 weeks after neutering - they seem to calm down after 4 weeks even though it's 6 until they're infertile)

I went to an agriculture school in sweeden once and saw they had three rabbits living together. According to them it was 2 males and 1 female:lol: Neutered of course. So it should work:D

Ted and Dougal are clearly not brothers, but have been together since I got them at around 12 weeks, they were in the same pen at the pet shop, so not sure how long they had been together beforehand. They were both neutered at around 19 weeks (about 2 weeks between each being done), but I never had a problem with them before or after they were neutered! They really are best buds!

It sometimes works but if you take on 2 males (unrelated or not) you must be prepared for the possibility for them not to get on. To enhance your chances get them neutered as soon as their testicles descend. It really depends on the rabbits concerned.

Back