• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spay

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Booking the rabis in soon, well atleast when the vet will let me, do i have to have them both spayed at the same time or can i do one at a time? obv the one not being spayed will be accomanying the other on... its just marshas behaviour is atrocious whereas lilly is really well behaved...

sorry to sound stupid.

there are reasons for this.

Lol, there must be something about black rabbits, as my Kitt's behaviour was terrible prior to being neutered.

I can't see why you can't spay them seperately, providing they're both definately girls - so there's no risk of an unwanted set of babies. Someone more experienced will come and tell you soon =] I was advised (when I was told my 2 boys were girls :? ) not to have them spayed until 6 months as it gives them time to develop.

What breed is Marsha?

x

Thankyou for replying!! Marsha is a mini lop, shes just abit smaller than Lilly and i think shes got illusions of grandeur. I spoke to our vet today and she agreed she can perform the spay at 5 months but thats cos of her behaviour. They're defo both girls, they have been checked lots of times.

I want to get marsha done first because i think lilly is starting to get annoyed with her humping, but i realise cus they are bonded, they will have to go and keep eachother company to keep the bond.

what breed is your black rab?

Awww Marsha is the same breed as my black rabbit Kitt =] How old is Marsha?

I only mentioned the sexing issue because mine were both sold as girls... and sexed in the first instance by the vet as girls... only for them to start serious humpage... and then be told they're infact both boys, lol. Lucky for me they're inseperable.

Aww, it does sound pretty reasonable to get her done now though... I've often thought one of mine were going to snap with the other because they try humping each other at different times - and it's recommended to have the other rabbit go with them when they have their operations, luckily for me I had both done on the same day.

Hmmm. they have been checked thoroughly although marsha is hump mad.

shes 15 weeks, how old is Kitt? me and Nikolas think he is gorg...

Lilly just plays along ie she just sits there while marsha humps her head :oops:

Lol, Kitt's roughly the same age... when I got Kitt I was told he was 8 weeks, but I'm thinking he was about 5/6.

He just looks so much like Martha...what breed is Lilly?

This was Kitt a few weeks ago... he is so mischeivous.

S5000570.jpg

aww bless him, hes adorable. they would make such a cute couple... it would be like looking in a mirror. lol....

Lilly is a mini lop too, shes from the same litter although to lok at them together you wouldn't think so, Lilly is bigger and more snuggle. Marsha just falls asleep when she sits on you...

is Kitt bonded yet? did you buy him from a ps? my two are from a ps, and im really pleased with them. we want to get some more soon...

xx

Lol, have you had them look at themselves in the mirror yet? It is SO funny... Kitt just adores himself... but I agree, they'd make a lovely couple indeed, lol.

Wow, she is alot bigger bless her... she's a gorgeous looking bunny too =] Kitt was quite a monster to handle, but with him being neutered he should have calmed down a touch... *fingers crossed*, he's a sucker for attention though, as long as he comes to you.

Kitt and Jamie, my dwarf lop, have bonded. I got them both from different pet shops... a day apart... I did have every intention of going to a rescue but a bad experience kinda put me off, and I just ended up getting Jamie, then Kitt the next day. I would LOVE more, but I'm not allowed lol.. mean other half. What other buns do you think you'll get?

aww bless, adorable...

no, i don't hsve any mirrors at floor level..., the mirrors i have cost me a fortune and i don't want to take em down n break em...

marsha is not bothered she doesn't put up a fight but she just goes to sleep so shes not really a very good protector, she lacks the instinct that i mite be a predetor lol.

im woking on Nikolas, hes mean too, he says i can have another one maybe... i'd want a mini or lionhead, i just think they are so cute. where i got mine from, i keep going in and seeing this rabbit whos been in there aslong as we've had our ladies. Its a little buck x lionhead and i just love him.

we're moving the girls into the shed convcersion in afew weeks so we'll have a spare hutch hopefully, he'll be there and i can bring him home.

do your rabs live inside or out? I'd love a house bunny but my spare room is constantly in use and my other box room is too small...

xx

Awww, that's lovely. Initially I wanted a lion head, but when I saw Jamie and Kitt I wanted them and nothing else =] I'd love a lion head in the future though, for definate.

I wish I had a garden big enough for a shed conversion... it's really annoying, I'm a student in a shared accomodation house so technically I shouldn't have rabbits indoors... but I do. They currently live in my bedroom in this set up-

S5000535.jpg

But I realise that they're really active and as much as I let them out through the day in the kitchen, they'd feel so much better outside... so I'm getting that massive hutch/run combo from ebay next week... I can't wait =]

Back