• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else with a bun who...

tracyuk

Mama Doe
...hates being touched?
Lola is a rescue bun but we have had her well over a year. She will put up with us but hates being touched. She will let my OH give her a very brief head run, but only when she is in her cage (This is where she feels safest I guess)
She is a stroppy madam with attitude but we love her.

I have about 5:lol: Smirnoff & Sugar hate it. Joey will nibble me & eat out of my hand, but I can't stroke him. Barley gets jealous when I stroke others, but doesn't like it herself. Foster bun Midnight, isn't keen:roll: :lol:

Awww Orchid dont particularly like to be touched but after 2 years she is finaly coming round :love: How long have you had her?

Smokey and Fudge hate being touched.
Had to take them for their myxi jab yesterday and they went mad when i picked them up and put them in the carrier.
I manage to check their bums and give them a stroke when they are eating:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Awww Orchid dont particularly like to be touched but after 2 years she is finaly coming round :love: How long have you had her?

Well over a year. Its sad because is so affectionate, he loves me sqishing his head and gives great kisses. I want Lola to be the same. At least she has spirit, she will nudge me quite often so I think she loves me really.

Mine don't let me get too close and I have had them for about two years. I can give them nose rubs in the morning when I feed them but all other times they do not let me near them.

Liquorice will tolerate about 30secs of stroking and thats it...he's off! Wont sit on my lap or be held...struggles like m,ad.

I dont want to make him unhappy so i let him do what he wants...doesnt want to be held, im not gona force him...as much as i would LOVE a cuddle!:cry:

When i first got Pringle he wasnt to bad, he was an indoor rabbit to start with, when i put him outside and he had freedom he hated me going near him, he would ocasionally tolerate a stoke but trying to pick him up was a night mare. With lots of attention and patience though he now doesnt mind it and its brilliant, so rewarding.

Patch and Benji, i have had them for a couple of weeks, they dont like being picked up at all especially Benji, they dont even like being touched, they will tolerate it in their hutch but only because they have no choice:lol: but im going to give them a lot of time and attention to try and get them used to being held etc.
xx

My Nala has always been really scared of being touched. I have had her nearly 2.5yrs now and she has only recently got a bit better. If i am giving her treats i can now touch her nose/head but touch her sides/back and she still runs :cry: She will come to me now and nudge me but not always wait for me to stroke her in return... sometimes she does though so i know she is slowly coming round. I actually think that she improved after she was really poorly with bloat and i was syringe feeding her loads over about 4-5 days during which i obviously had to touch her! :? It always makes me wonder what happened to her before i got her :cry:

Back