• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuuute. Bonding is going all successfully!

casu consulto

Mama Doe
My bunnies were left together for over an hour today in the hall, with me and my mum supervising from the stairs. I get to sit there with a spray bottle, and it sends me onto such a powertrip (although I've never had a chance to use it). Each time we let them hop around together in the hall, for the first half hour or so they get very excited, and it seems as if each does non-stop binkying. Amber, the little lionhead cross female, has constantly been approaching Barney and asking to be groomed. Each time he rejects this request and binkies away.

So today, after all the binkying and when they were flopping and rolling around, I climbed down off the stairs and went to check Barney. 'Cos he's moulting a lot right now, and likes being groomed. Whilst I was doing this, Amber crept over and started licking my arm. Then she got nosy, and when licking the hand I was stroking Barney with, she started licking his ears. Then she was grooming all of his head, and then it was the other way around and I was sat there telling them how good they were. Which, apparently, meant they both had to turn their attention to me and I had a rabbit licking each hand/arm. After that, they settled down, both resting against my knees, with their heads tucked side by side. I'm so proud of them! :D

They've never been aggressive to one another. Amber is incredibly fast, though, and whenever Barney approaches her from behind - and that wicked twinkle in his eyes hints he's intending to hump her if he can (which he's never managed) - she thumps at him loudly and rushes off, binkying as she does so. At first, I thought she was scared, but she seems to really like the sound she can make... And, sometimes, it's like Barney's trying to nip at her side... which I don't understand at all, but he's never even managed to pull fur out with this, and she tends to stand up and bound away the moment she's had enough.

I know!
I was sat there, with them both thinking 'aww'... and realised that my camera phone was lying upstairs, on my chest of drawers... I would've kicked myself had it not been likely to disturb the love bunnies. :roll:

Awwww you're right that is soooooo cuuuuuute :p Hard to hold a camera though - I think you must be an honorary bunny the way they're licking you (don't try binkying though - you'll hurt your back :lol: )

I tried binkying once... Barney just sat and looked at me funny, and angry voices from the living room demanded to know what I was doing to create all the thundering noise... :oops:

& I felt so flattered to be involved in this mutual, three-way grooming fun!

I tried binkying once... Barney just sat and looked at me funny, and angry voices from the living room demanded to know what I was doing to create all the thundering noise... :oops:

& I felt so flattered to be involved in this mutual, three-way grooming fun!

:lol: I've tried it to when Charlie does it, sometimes he'll do another other times he just looks with a really disproving expression on his face. :lol:

Back