• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ben and Lily have returned home ....

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Lily and Ben have come to stay with me for a few days. The intention is that they will go back home with their intended friend Duchess living with them altogether in their special new home.

Hopefully this bonding session will work with them well away from their home town where things originally didn't go to plan http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=95664&highlight=duchess

So far we have had some chasing and thumping, at the moment everything is very calm ... long may it stay like that.

Last edited:
Good luck! Am sure you can work your magic on them.....:D

any chance of booking my naughty foursome in for a bonding with Auntie Janice in a couple of months?:oops: :oops: :D

Morning all!

My house is eerily quiet this morning :cry:

I had to say goodbye to the meter man as I had no-bun else to say it to when I left for work!

I hope they all behaved themselves last night Aunty Janice.

It is all fairly quiet here, a little chasing by Ben and Lily, Duchess is doing a little thumping at times when Ben and Lily chase about near her. Both Ben and Lily will lie near Duchess (separately). They all want the other to groom them and seem to all try to put their noses lower than each other with no one as yet giving way to sparing the first lick :) Ben is happy to wash Lily's ears though.

There is absolutaly no nastiness at all amongst them which is really good, very little fur has been lost despite Ben and Lily needing to moult the bottoms of their coats.

I am confident that this will be a positive result.

Ooooh, sounds good. Fingers crossed! Luna always puts her nose down low to get groomed, but she still isn't grooming back. I think I saw her try once, but it was quite insecure.

As for moulting, I saw my 11-year old Popsel yesterday, and he looked like a complete mess. He brushed my leg when zooming past me, and my trousers were covered in a thick layer of fur. So I made him sit on my mother's lap and started pulling out all the loose fur. I could have filled a cushion with the result. :shock: He does not have long fur, and he is an indoor only bunny, but he moults like none of my other bunnies ever have. He's still very fast for his age, too. Not easy to catch him. :rolleyes:

Ben's just a tatty mess with his moult, lily doesn't look too bad except her back end looks like it belongs to a much bigger bunny. I keep pulling out bits when she comes over for attention, and she tolerates it for a while, but then gets bored and hops off, leaving me with a handfull of fluff!

CIMG2413.jpg

CIMG2414.jpg

When I first put them outside there was quite a bit of chasing, they sorted themselves out and didn't need any interventions from me. They are now all grooming themselves. There is still thumping at times when particuarly Lily gets near Duchess but this soom stops.

CIMG2416.jpg

CIMG2417.jpg

Thanks Janice, good to see happy bunny photos.

Still all with four paws and 2 ears, must be going well :lol:

Is Duchess just waiting for the others to come to her, or is she making moves to join them yet?

Awwwww this looks so positive!!!:D Keeping my fingers and paws crossed!! I love it when bonding goes well!! xxx:D

PM for Ben, Lily & Duchess,

morning, how are mummies little bunnikins this morning? I hope you are all being good for Aunty Janice and aren't bullying each other. Mummy and Daddy miss you all.

lots of snuggles and nose rubs

love

mummy
xxx

Just returned from a day at work, left my boys to supervise the girls and boys today.

They report that there have been a few shuffles which have soon stopped by themselves, usually one will make a sudden movement and then they all start chasing about, not after anyone / thing in particular. All is very quiet in the kitchen at the moment, everyone is munching on hay and have cleaned off the small amount of apple puree (unsweetened) I made last night and put on their foreheads this morning before going off to work :roll: Not sure who has licked who to get rid of it!

Lily is sitting one end of the cage with Ben and Duchess at the other end, Duchess is still desperate for attention and keeps putting her chin to the ground demanding licks ... they are slow to arrive, particuarly from Lily :(

They definately seem more settled than yesterday. I am sure if they are given plenty of time, they will become more interactive with each other and a few more voluntary licks will be seen amongst them. I have to remember that this is early days and groups often taken longer than pairs to settle.

It is still reasonably peaceful here, with the odd amount of chasing which is self terminating without intervention by me. Duchess remains spending a lot of time by herself but is happy to eat and wash depsite this, she remains wary of Lily. Ben is happy to wash her ears today which is a new development and Duchess is happy for him to do this. Duchess is still desperate to be licked and fussed by Lily and Ben but will not offer as yet to give licks to them, hopefully before too long she will become a little bolder.

They are returning home in 24 hours to their lovely house which I believe is being scrubbed and desmelled today. I think they will be better to be kept within the run first within their new room to allow them to settle and then in a few days to give them the complete area to themselves.

I've been scrubbing for 4 hours and my whole house smells of vinegar!!!!

Bunny room is all cleaned, with new carpet tiles. I thought I'd found another bunny when I pulled out their "burrow" There was so much Lily fur down the back of it. (I do hoover regularly, that was just a weeks worth! :oops: )

I've set them up with a temporary pen within the room, they can have it back bit at a time until they are all settled.

Cant believe how empty the house feels without them :cry: .

Poor old Ben, I think the girls are going to treat him like a slave, will have to make sure he gets his fair share of the attention.

Just spotted Duchess lying down on the floor with her head stuck under Lily's chin. It looks like we might be progressing a bit.

Ben, Lily and Duchess left me at lunch time on their way back to Kent and their neutralised home. They have arrived safely and I am told that they had a period of time chasing and fur pulling but have now become quiet again.

Back