• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

first aid kit article

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi there
I'm putting together an article for bunny Mad magazine about putting together a first aid kit for your bunny and would like some input please . i would like to know the uses for vaseline and sudocrem. I have listed below what else i am thinking of, please let me know if you think i should add anything else.

Bandages and sterile gauze: To bandaging wounds
Oral Syringes: (No needles). To administer medications, fluids or food into your rabbit if it is not eating or drinking.
Quik Stop: For stopping the bleeding if a nail is cut too short.
Vasoline:
Sudocrem:
Infacol: This is for babies but is good for gas attacks (please talk to your vet first)
Sterile saline: Can be used to flush wounds and eyes
Steryl cotton buds: For cleaning wounds
Cotton Buds: for cleaning ears, apply creams.
Top & Tail Wipes: for cleaning bums.
Ear & eyes wipes: For runny eyes or mucky ears
Flea Comb: For removing fleas and their eggs
Scissors (Small, sharp): To clip fur away from wounds or cut bandages.
Tweezers: To remove ticks, splinters ect
Thermometer : For taking the temperature. Ask your vet to show you how to use it correctly first.
Towels of varying sizes: To wrap a stressed or struggling rabbit in

That reminds me! It says on the care references here that calpol is good for bunnies, but I read it wasn't, and Jane keeps mentioning it too - As I can't post on that thread for some unknown reason, I've PMd mods about it but nothing's been changed and meanwhile it's a bit confusing for newbies, or even oldbies like me :?

Back