• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with Insurance - Previous treatment not covered

iandb

Mama Doe
We have had one of our bunnies at the vets to remove a another bladder stone and checking on the insurance we are not covered as she has previously been treated for this.

Are there any companies who over lifetime treatment?? I think we will struggle as a few tht I have looked at we did not even get past the age. Most will onyl cover upto 5 but Daisy is nearly 10

Thanks for any info.

pet protect will offer lifetime treatment but i doubt they would cover pre-exising conditions

i've never come across an insurance company that will insure a bunny over 5 at inception

Thanks Sarah, will have a look at them. They never came up in any searches I did previously.

You're very unlikely to find one that will cover her now - the insurance companies make their money by not paying out for claims but getting premiums so to cover an animal with a known problem doesn't make financial sense to them

Back