• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please.

tracyuk

Mama Doe
I have posted here before about Rory and his strange behaviour but thought I would post again to see if anyone else experiences anything like this.
Rory is such a happy boy, he is kissy and binkies round my living room with Lola. Every now and then he goes into what is like a very depressed state. Last night I let them out, at about 4pm for the rest of the evening. Rory just came out and layed in the middle of the room. I could not tempt him with any of his fave treats, I tried everything. Later in the evening he decided to jump on my knee and he just stayed there for ages letting me cuddle him. I did not want to go to bed and leave him like that so I got my duvet and Rory and I layed curled up on the sofa. He had his feet sprawled to the side and his head on my shoulder. At about 2.30 in the morning he decided that he was fine and began playing as normal:roll: He has done this before but it only usually lasts about an hour. His eyes, bum, nose, eating, poo, everything is all normal! My OH says he likes the atention I give him when he is like that. I must admit it felt wonderful sleeping next to him, but I was so worried and was sure I would be at the vets today.
This morning it is like nothing has happened. Anyone else dealt with anything like this?

Sounds like stomach ache - I would try infacol and gentle tummy rubs next time incase he has trapped wind. Also if he's moulting give him one a day chewable 40mg bromelain tablets from holland and barrett as it will help him pass it through his gut. It's good he finds a cuddle with you comforting though - he knows his mummy :)

I was just reading another post bout this and was going to ask if anyone thought it was that. I did wonder last night and sat rubbing his tummy, he was happy for me to do this. I will go buy some infacol. Its so lovely knowing that he comes to me when he is feeling ill. I will get these things to help him, dont want to let him down.
Thank you
Tracy

Back