• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will he forget me???

kelzuna

Warren Scout
i am going on holiday for two weeks...cant say im excited cos i am dreading leaving Liquorice!

He is staying at my mums, taking all of his things over there.

Will he forget me after two weeks? Will he forget who we are??

We've also managed to get him litter trained..sort of...will he forget where he goes in this house?

Im so worried...mum hasnt looked after bunny before, but she is my only option, other than leaving him at home and having a neighbour coming to let him out for an hour every day...cant have that, he's used to being out anytime we are in- so usually in morn and all evening.

He is a little flighty...im soooo worried....dont want to go!:cry:

I'm also going away for a fortnight and worrying about my bun, I was going to leave him with my auntie but decided to board him with a bunny lover who knows what they are doing. I'll probably still call or e-mail to check up on him, he's my surrogate baby! I've been told he might sulk for a few days when we return but when I go away for a night or even at work for the day he's excitable when I get home and comes running for attention.

If I go away for a few days Audrey is usually a bit moody and acts like she doesn't recognize me, but she soon loves me again!

And she doesn't forget her litter training.

I'm sure your mum will be fine looking after him- leave her lists of when and what to feed him, and the details of your vet in case there's a problem- make sure she is aware how serious it is if he stops eating etc...

When I've been away Charlie bun follows me around the house for days and wants constant attention so I'm pretty sure that means he didn't forget me - so I'm sure your buns won't forget you. Lavender is normally a bit stroppy for a few days after I get back, but she definitely still nows who I am. Its all about smell so I try not to wear perfume or anything when I go pick them up so I hopefully smell of me.

Have a lovely holiday, and try not to worry about liquorice I'm sure your Aunty will look after him well,just give her some good instructions on food etc.

I've had to go away a few times since getting my rabbits and they have been fine with me when I've got back. I do think that they feel a bit unsettled at first due to the change in routine, but things get back to normal in no time. Don't worry! :wave:

Would it be really sad to leave an old worn t-shirt with them for comfort? :oops: I'm pathetic aren't I, imagine what I'll be like if I ever have children I'll be one of those weirdo's that insists my child has every allergy going and keep them indoors away from everyone and everything in case they hurt themselves :lol:

Back