• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bedding what do you use

tickles

Mama Doe
Hi just wonderering what bedding everyone used i have cardboard squares and was wonderering if you can use paper bedding or woodshavings etc etc could anyone help me please

Squidgy's an indoor bun, and he has fleec pet blankets in his hutch, and carefresh in his litter tray.
The outdoor buns just have hay in their hutches and wooden cat litter pellets in their litter trays, coverd with a layer of hay.
Woodshavings are generally thought not to be too good for respiratory systems. Some people use shredded paper, megazorb - lots of options really!

I use lots of soft hay with newspaper underneath. It's easy to clean out and at least they can't moan they haven't got enough hay!

newspapre then thin layer of short straw and then the rest is hay - and hay for litter trays to ... but They also have a towel in the bottom level and a blankie in the top level and all they toys are in the run.

thanks

thanks i thought the same about woodhaving with breathing problems but i wanted to double check is the tissue bedding you canget any good as i have a bale for my rats as bedding

Back