• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore Hocks.

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
I have been worrying about Roo's Hocks since the other thread.

One one the fur is thin and pink underneath- i know it is not sore yet! but think it may be getting that way-

Ive been watching his every move after Janes advice......

I can try putting him on Vinyl- do they learn to stand on it? as Theo and Cleo still cannot stand on vinyl or laminate.

How long does it take them to learn?

PS : Roo has completely ''Descended'' now

I've been worrying a bit about that since I saw your other thread too. My Faline's on carpet apart from when she's sleeping on their wooden shelf. She hasn't got sore hocks but i can't exactly rip up my parents carpets.

Floss's hocks were quite bad and my vet gave me Flamazine ointment for her and advised me to cover the hutch floor with either vry deep soft straw'hay bedding or vetbed and have her out on grass as much as pos during the day. That worked wonders, but I noticed that her condition started to reappear after a couple of weeks indoors during the winter. Carpet can also be quite abrasive.

have lay him a fleece down in his run for all day use, and he only has carpet for the time he comes out in the evening. His feet still look ok :)

Vet advised us to put Sudacrem on Molly's and that seemed to work. I was concerned about her licking it, but vet reassured me that it was fine and she never seemed to suffer any ill effects. As somebody said, smooth floors actually have the opposite effect. Best to keep them on something soft. HTH x

Back