• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free Ranging a Post Spay Girl

FurryBeasties

Young Bun
My Rosie's currently recovering well for her spay last thursday and after a worrying first few hours she's back to her normal cheeky bouncy self. She's also desperate to get out in the garden and getting really twitchy with it. How soon can i let her back out into the garden, it's mainly gravel, paving and decking with a section of grass we grew for them. Her spay wound is healing up nicely despite her nibbling off her external stiches and she is now living happily back in her hutch and run (reduced to one level) outside (i've put a ply floor and roof on her run). When do you think it would be ok to let her out for a run, i should be able to move her normal climbing plant pots to keep her on one level if it would help.

Thanks

Jemma

Rosie and Humphrey

I was told mine were only allowed in a restricted area for 7-10 days (small room). After that they were allowed normal exercise as the wound had had time to heal :D

Back