• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobbin Vet Visit Update

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
As some of you know Bobbin has had a watery eye for the last two days.
I've just got back from taking him to the more expensive vets (as the other one I went to I wasn't happy with). They were so lovely at this new place, really caring and really expensive!! :shock: But it was deffinately worth while. They checked him over and it transpires that he has a scratch on his eye. They have given me some ointment to administer.... mmmm this'll be fun! :lol:

All in all I now feel alot better, and don't mind paying double to see these better vets. I'm sure the first place I went to do care about the animals they treat, but it just doesn't show. My new vets are so caring, they ask lots of questions and you can tell it's all genuine. We're going back on Friday to see how his eye is healing, wish us luck!

Thea & Bobbin x

Well I'll wish Bobbin a quick recovery... I guess paying more can sometime be worth it :D esp it if it a nice experience and you get the treatment you are happy with.

Vibes to Bobbin for a very speedy recovery and glad that the new vets are lovely! Sometimes you do just have to go with your gut feeling and if you aren't happy on how they are treating your bunny then you have every right to look elsewhere

take care and good luck for Bobbin on Friday

It's been an absolute nightmare trying to apply the ointment! He hates being handled as it is, so it really was very trying indeed. As yet I have not succeded in doing so, but I'm not too worried as his eye seems much better and is no longer watering. I phoned the vets today to tell them that I had failed miserably, even when two people were involved! They didn't seem to be worried though as I explained that it had imporved ten fold. He's back into tomorrow though just to be sure.

Thanks for all your vibes, I really think they worked :D

Back