• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spiders are our friends!

elve

Banned
No matter how much you hate spiders, leave those webs! :p I have some monsters in my bunny shed, and never go in without looking up anxiously :shock: But they cover all the top corners where mozzies go to 'roost' and the net curtain is thick with them too, so no flies get through - I haven't dusted it in 2 years :shock: Sadly 2 of my giant spiders were stung to death when I had the wasp invasion last week :( I thought it was strange at the time, and couldn't figure out where the wasps were getting into the shed, but there was a tiny hole in the brickwork :shock: Plasticine and pest control sorted that out, poor wasps :rolleyes:

I am also cultivating some nice sized spiders webs in my 2 hutches, although they have to watch out with me opening and shutting the roof :?

I have spiders in my bunnies shed too which i leave.They are huge:shock:
Found two baby frogs in there last night too:? They were so cute.I lifted them out and put them in the garden:D

Yeah my indoor rabbit and piggie room has cobwebs, great for catching pesky flies and mossies, but not nice if you actually see the spider eating his prey... and you just eaten!!:mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

oooooeeeeeeeewwwwwwww! i hate spiders ESPECIALLY big ones. don't think i couldn't deal with cobwebs in the hutch when i'm cleaning. they'd have to go i'm afraid. they soon come back though, especially in our garden.

eep. I have to go into our shed by waving something in the air in front of me. The amount of times as a kid I walked into a faceful of spider web with a big fat spider sitting in the middle has traumatised me.

*shivers*

Bleugh...

<leaves this topic>

Ah the blissful world of the house rabbit :lol:

Doncat5 Hurrah for spiders!!!! Not in my bedroom or on my face though, thats not so good!
Today 02:24 PM

I know - I barely slept last night as when I went to the loo there were 2 spiders on my bedroom wall - too high to catch so I kept waking up thinking they were crawling on my face - it has happened before :shock:

I have massive one, his webs so thick I can unstring it, open the run, feed thee bunnys and tie the thread back on!

I've refused to pull down an old swing frame in our yard where the bunny hutches are... :oops: Every year, it plays host to lots of spiders. They start off as many babies, all little and yellow, and grow into big tubby things that feed on all manner of flying beasties out there.

Back