• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding...how did yours go?

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so i got Pebbles yesterday, and i took domino with me to meet her, and they were fine so i brought them home. hour and half journey in the car, they lay side by side in the carrier. When we got home, they ignored each other for a bit, a little bit of mounting of dominos part, and then nothing. they lay side by side, share peices of cabbage, and groom each other all the time. They are both done and are around the same age, (under 5 months) They absolutely adore each other...and i was wondering if anyone has ever experiences this? it was like love at first sight?
xx
DSCF0861.jpg

there are more photos in another post! x

Thats great :D Trip and Scarlett didnt hump or chase at all when I introduced them, it took a few days for them to be really close but before that they didnt pay any attention to each other :D

The only bonding ive done with adult buns was really easy, just a tiny bit of humping from the girly bun but that was it!

Some of the stories on here are sooo scary :shock: i dont think id be brave enough to go through that!

Jen and Frankie are close but I don't think Jen has ever been an easy rabbit to bond.. probably cos she's so strong willed :( That said, I've never actually been brave enough to try and bond herself myself: Jen's pairings were done by either BARC / ellepotter or Sooz. I'd be far, far too scared :shock: Sounds like you have been really lucky (and lucky bunsters too! :love: )

Yep I did, first thing Bub did when he saw Poppy 'in the fur' was to groom her head, they went in same house that night.

Forgot :lol: An even easier bonding was when Buu managed to get into Beau's territory while I was in the shower and I came down to find them grooming each other. Unfortunatly I seperated them because the new hutch hadnt arrived and they couldnt stay in the house as we had people coming to stay and now im having trouble getting them back together :(

Rory and Lola fell in love at first sight. I took Rory to Sues Rescue in Dewsbury and she put him in a cage with Lola. A tiny bit of humping went on but then lots of grooming. Within half hour they were sharing a hutch on the way home to Skegness.
Awww
Tracy

Back