• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

meet HARRY the Degu

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
2007_0806august0004.jpg

Meet Harry the Degu :D :D

He s been here for his hols for 2 weeks and hes great ...realy inquisitive and friendly:D

never handled one before...and boy is he quick:shock:

2007_0806august0006.jpg

Aww :) I had some degu here for a while as they'd been dumped on my local petshop - didn't have the space to keep them permanently though they're in a new home now :)
Are you going to get him a friend to keep him company?

not realy decided yet ...still researching them.

we were going to rehome him but my neice has fallen in love with him (shes 16 ;) ) so he wont be going anywhere.

Mine loved cuddling together, though they're very food orientated so that had to be scattered across the cage to stop them squabbling over it :roll:
Their vocalisations are adorable though :love:

Aw! They are difficult to hold aren't they. :lol: Although I think if they've been handled well from babies they're much better.

I have two boys, I don't know if they're related as they're from a rescue but they love to snuggle and groom. Although one of them has become rather wheel obsessive and has started pulling the fur out of his partners back to get him out the wheel.

edit: Just wanted to add that they can get bumble foot (I think that's it's name) like rats etc can if they're on wire all the time. I've put tiles and mats and cardboard around just incase.

Last edited:
Aw! They are difficult to hold aren't they. :lol: Although I think if they've been handled well from babies they're much better.

I have two boys, I don't know if they're related as they're from a rescue but they love to snuggle and groom. Although one of them has become rather wheel obsessive and has started pulling the fur out of his partners back to get him out the wheel.

edit: Just wanted to add that they can get bumble foot (I think that's it's name) like rats etc can if they're on wire all the time. I've put tiles and mats and cardboard around just incase.

ohh ...thanks for that tip . ;)

Back