• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun's Holiday Blues.....

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
Tinker's my first bun and I went on holiday for a week leaving him (in our house) in the care of my parents. He's a house bunny and as I work from home, we are great companions for eachother. I thought that he would be quite nonplussed regarding my substitution and be very sulky with me when I returned.

However, I was wrong - I had no idea how it would affect him. For the whole week he refused to come out of his hutch, and had daily tantrums throwing stuff around. They said he seemed depressed and when my older sister placed her hand in his hutch he actually grunted at her and bit drawing blood! He's never ever done this before, he must have been very upset.

I was worried about him, and my parents thought that his behaviour may continue when I got back although I thought he'd just sulk majorely. However, as soon as I greeted him he started licking me like an excited puppy and started grinding his teeth, no sulks:) I so no evidence of the terror they said he was:lol:

He's been even more loving since I've come back, maybe it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder! I was sad to think that he was so upset, although I didn't realise before that I meant that much to him.

Sarah x

i run a bunny boarding in essex, and some bunnies when they arrive are lovely, but after a few days they become very angry, and the owners are suprised when they come back because they are fine with them! but some of my boardsers are not bothered at all! weird!

Back