• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny nips? Bonding questions!

casu consulto

Mama Doe
My two rabbits have been in hutches facing, and runs side by side now for over a week, so they're being introduced in the hallway. At first, both were more concerened with eating the foot we had scattered, and they sat pretty close whilst doing this. Then they took some interest in one another. Amber, the little lionhead cross female, kept asking Barney to groom her. Barney ignored this to start with. Then he went chasing off after her trying to hump her - she was far too fast and can spin on her tail if you ask me... Anyway, then they'd hop around, doing binkies of rolling over for a while. Recently, when Amber approches Barney asking to be groomed - which he occasionally does, for like a second - he then might try and nip at her face. She has lots of fur around her face, so he hasn't actually harmed her, but she doesn't like it and lets him know by thumping loudly and then dashing off... And the dash usually ends in a binky. Inbetween this interaction, they hop around quite happily together, and both decided to sit and work out how to open the door to this room earlier...

Based on that, can anyone tell me how successful this is so far?

I'm going to upload piccies in a min... There aren't many, but ah well.

Yaaay! ^^

Barney_and_Amber.jpg

BandA_gettingintodiningroom.jpg

Amber_flopped.jpg

Back