• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

covance bunnies please help

mimi75

Alpha Buck
hello everybody.i live in harrogate,north yorkshire where the covance animal testing lab is.i know an insider who said there are always poor bunnies that could be rehomed rather than destroyed:( :cry: (it doesnt bear thinking about does it)i already have 4 house buns and not much spare room but i was wondering if i could save the odd one and recooperate it would anybody be able to help me rehome them.i have no idea what state these poor little things would be in but if we could save just one life every now and again it would meen so much.any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.thankyou very much.;)

what is it they test? cosmetics or medical stuff? if it is the latter i don't think you'll be able to rescue them as they have strict quarantine procedures incase they have anything that can be brought outside of the lab
it's a horrible thought and many are put to sleep needlessly in my opinion but they don't like to take the risk.

sorry i'm not more help

it is medical research.poor things,but she said they were always looking to rehome rabbits,hamsters etc.apparently they test on dogs,monkeys,rabbits-u name it...

i have no idea, i dont know anything about research labs.i was not aware of any legal aspects of it

according to the USPCA it recommends rehoming lab animals where it is likely they can adapt to a new life.i understand it may not be appropriate for all but i just wanted to save a bunnys life where i could

I would check out the legal business, but I have heard that when a rabbit gets snuffles they can't use it for medical experiments, so it is put to sleep. In fact, I think that the whole cohort of rabbits destined for experiments gets put to sleep and new set brought in. I have come across rabbits that were legally removed from this situation.

Back