• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! Making a rabbit hutch/run combi!!

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hello!

Just wondered if anyone can help me. I have a rabbit run and a hutch that I’m wanting to combine to make an all in one.

Once the hutch is on top of the run I will obviously need a ramp leading down to the run, but wondered if it is ok to leave it so that the bun has access to the run all night?

My other two live in a shed with an attached run and every night I close of the hatch, but with this combi I am wanting to make, I don’t know how I could get my bunny into the hutch part easily to then close off the hole leading to the hutch.

If I did need to close it off, the ramp would need to be raised up to cover the hole in the floor of the hutch and I am not sure what the best way is to attach it securely to cover the hole in the floor of the hutch.

This probably doesn’t make any sense (it does in my head!) but if anyone could help me out ASAP I’d be really grateful!!

Hi

I had this hutch/run combo made when I first bought Dillon, unfortunately it wasn't big enough for him and Pippa so they have now moved into the garage, but they did have access to the run all the time when they lived there.

The hutch was on legs which slotted into the run and the other top half of the run had a hinged lid which was fastened with bolts. There was no way the run could be moved or lifted without lifting the hutch out so it was nice and secure. I know my two wouldn't have been happy being shut in the hutch overnight, they would have destroyed the place!

The ramp was hinged so you could shut it if needed and we had kept the wood from cutting the hole which just sat neatly back in place when the ramp was in the upright position.

Hope that helps?

LianspetsMay2005011.jpg

Back