• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ill buns

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Bouncer my foster has some kind of urine infection. He had improved, but finished his antibiotics yesterday & today his "bits" are swollen:? He's on baytril again & metacam now - although he's bouncing around fine & eating/pooing normally, he's still wetting himself:( I've cut his fur short on his ass, so I can keep it dry easier

Sugar had a weird asthma-like thing a week ago & this weekend it happened again. She's now on anti-biotics & panacur. I asked the vet if I should treat the group & got a yes - until I said there was 12 more, so then got a no - but what do you guys think?:?

Then Missy, my holiday-boarder/foster/not sure what's happening there, had some gunk in her eye yesterday. I cleaned it all, but now there's a swelling, that looks like an abscess to me:( I spoke to her owner, who said she couldn't afford it at this time:roll: , so she's now on baytril & metacam & is seeing vet again today.

So today I have THREE separate vets appointments at completely different times, :roll: although I am gonna try & sneak all buns into one.

(All buns vaccinated against myxi in last 6 mths - that was my first thought when i saw Bouncer's bits.)

This is my fault for booking a holiday:roll:

Angie I am so sorry to hear about your poorly trio.
At least they are with you, and stand the best chance of making a good recovery.
Please give the bunnies a kiss from me.
Hugs to you too.

Awww - hope they are going to be OK, and you still get a bit of holidaying in between playing nurse :shock:

Cheers guys - & thanks for PM Angie. I'll be stocking up on cheaper-than-vets Panacur tonight.

Mick's paid off his credit card, so I'll just use that:oops: :lol:

Aw :( , hope they'll all be ok xx

3 visits to bun rooms & each time another was ill. I was just dreading going in last night.

At least everyone is bouncing about & eating. I had pet carriers lined up in kitchen last night for antibiotic treatment, eye washing, aloe vera for sore hocks, & a bum wash.

Kitchen has been lost under a mound of hair.:roll:

I'm so sorry to hear that the buns are unwell. I hope they all recover quickly......sending LOADS of vibes for the bunnies.....and for your holiday!!! XXX :(

Awww everyone seems to have poorly buns at the moment.

I have meds and syringes everywhere, kitchen, living room and bun room and the one I need alwasy seems to be in a different room to the affected rabbits :roll:

At least you have all your trips in one day though.....I went Tuesday, Weds, Thurs, Fri and Phil has had to go this morning :shock:

Hope your lot perk up soon.

poor Bouncer, I sympathise with him as I always get thrush when I am on antibiotic's, my GP always prescribes the good old canistan cream when ever I end up on the antibiotics:roll: :roll:

Makes me wonder with all these sick bunnies whether it has something to do with the hay and the shortage of it:? Hay seems to be travelling around the country at the moment with the suppliers finding it hard to get hold of, wondering if the hay is not properly dried out with all this rain that we have been having:? :?

Healing vibes to your 3 buns though and make sure your vet (if male) knows about Mike otherwise he is going to be thinking you fancy him with all your trips today:lol: :lol: :lol:

poor Bouncer, I sympathise with him as I always get thrush when I am on antibiotic's, my GP always prescribes the good old canistan cream when ever I end up on the antibiotics:roll: :roll:

Makes me wonder with all these sick bunnies whether it has something to do with the hay and the shortage of it:? Hay seems to be travelling around the country at the moment with the suppliers finding it hard to get hold of, wondering if the hay is not properly dried out with all this rain that we have been having:? :?

Healing vibes to your 3 buns though and make sure your vet (if male) knows about Mike otherwise he is going to be thinking you fancy him with all your trips today:lol: :lol: :lol:

I managed to get hold of some more "old" hay, but it is dustier than usual:? I tried the new, but that made Sugar start with the wheezing:?

Ive still been able to get old hay offline up until last week when I last ordered but its drying out quickly in the weather :?

Back