• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

FeeFee BOY? or GIRL?

Despite getting our FeeFee from a breeder, and getting her checked from a vet and being told she was a girl...... we think today she might be a boy????

I did my usual daily examination of FeeFee and found THIS.........????????

and this is a close up of one...... which we now assume to be a testicle

Please Help.......... is FEEFEE a HEEHEE???

you decide?

Oh my! Yes that looks very much like a testicle sack to me, I'd say that FeeFee is most definitely a he-he!

it would answer alot as she/he does like thumping alot......

he/she does seem to love me, but really scrabs my other half? would this be the behavior of a boy rabbit? :oops:

when willow was about 14wks we were told by the vet that he was a girl.........turned out he was definately a boy

needless to say we have changed vets since then

i have read a lot of posts saying that females are often mistaked for boys? Feefee is now five months and i have only just noticed today that she has sack thingys? is it quite possible that both breeder and vet made the mistate of calling her a girl???

I heard of a similar case one day. One of my friends who breed rabbits got a "female" in her litter. She was shown as a female and no one suspected anything untill one day "she" got testicles:shock:
Turned out the bunny had a "split penis" making it look like a female genetalia.

Well what a funny day!:oops: :oops: :oops:

When we went looking for a rabbit i wanted a boy, but fell in love with FeeFee(the Heehee) so sex didnt matter anymore... we asked the breeder and he took a look and said female.... and then a few weeks later we took her to the vets for a check up and nail trim, and asked the vet and they were positive about the sex being female...

... and now this happens.

FeeFee the HeeHee... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well then what do i need to do different now i have a boy not a girl?

The testicles don't drop until about 4months old. Once they're there the difference is fairly obvious but until then yes it's quite common for them to be mis-sexed. You would expect a breeder to get it right tho!

Tam

i had the same shocker.when i got bam-a-lam 3 yrs ago i was told he was a 'she'then i went on honeymoon and when i came home i noticed 'she' had an abcess on her genital area,so there i was prodding and poking it-then i realised there were two:shock: :oops: :lol:

When we got Hoops a few months ago we repeatedly asked if it was a male or female. Wanted a male as already had Molly (spayed) at home. Was told that it was definitely a male. When I took "him" to the vets for routine check I asked if he was ready to be neutered but no sign of anything male! 2 weeks later it was confirmed that "he" is female! She was spayed on Friday. Took a while to get used to Hoops being a GIRL after weeks of saying "Good boy!" I guess mix-ups happen with young animals, but for both the breeder AND the vet to get it wrong?! x

Back