• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get a decent rabbit cage

Bun Bun

Warren Scout
I have put this in rabbit chat as is with regards to rabbit cages, but the cage is actually going to be used for some older rats. I am looking for one around the size of a Nero 4 but only really want to spend around £40. I would prefer a top opening and not one where the whole front opens, I would also like coated bars as opposed to plain metal.

Any ideas?

Cavie 80 Deluxe
GP80Deux.jpg

£36.05

Rabbit 100
rabbit%20100%20new.jpg

£33.00

Only the really cheap ones are top opening these days as the companies have listened to the customers

Last edited:
Imac are cheap but the quality is awful - and the door in the top is too small to reach into it very easily - I hate my only imac with a passion! I like those nero ones though, and marchioro are good, much bigger, but similar price - worth the extra £20 though in my opinion, having struggled with a cheap cage.

:shock: Don't put 'nero' into ebay I got some er leather corsett type underwear:roll:

I'm an innocent girl I just want a fluffy bunny cage:D

Hi

If you have the space then a Dog pen is ideal as they are very spacious. I have found these to be more spacious than the standard indoor bunny hutch you see in pet stores.

Phil

Try looking on ebay. I've got an imac (4'x2') but it's got a large (about 2') door at the front and the same on top that I picked up for £50. Great for rats, I put a shelf each end for those that can hop a bit still.

Tam

Like Mandy said zooplus are good, they sell the Ferplast 140 Rabbit cage. That's where I got mine, it's a bit more than you wanted to pay £59.99 but it's well worth it because it's soo big! Zooplus are the cheapest, most places sell these for £100+ :shock:

Personally I think that anything less than 120cm is too small, unless the cage is always open and only being used as a "base"

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/42416
41930_1.jpg

EDIT: Oh sorry.... I just read your post again and it's for rats!!! :lol: So forget what I said, I'm sure the smaller ones would be fine for ratties!

Last edited:
Well I erm went to pets at home and went a teeny tiny bit over my £40 budget and bought the nero 4 at *cough £70 cough cough*:oops:

i have been looking at it on all the websites and I think no matter what i got I would have always compared it to that so I went with my heart not my budget:D It's a wee bit big though:shock: had to put the seats down and tak the top apart to close the boot!

Back