• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bee sting

theresa

Warren Veteran
dont want to frighten any-one it just a warning,its very sad i lost my three month old bun lola today to a wasp sting to the mouth, i found her at five , rubbing her mouth with her paws, i looked in her mouth incase she had something caught but couldnt see anything, we bundle her into her travel case to get her to nearest emergency vets, only to lose her on the way, vet still looked and told me she gone into shock from a wasp sting. hav,nt a clue how the wasp got in as all the hutches are netted, but id hate any one else to have the trauma of losing their bun this way, her hutch mate meadow is distraught, shes a wildie who so relied on her friend, its all so sad:cry: binky free lola

Im so sorry you lost your bun. How strange though, i have never heard of an animal dying from a sting. I hate wasps, useless creatures. I hope your ok and that meadow settles down and maybe gets a new friend :) :cry:

Awww how awful :cry: I've had pest control destroy a wasp nest next to my bunny shed this week - for the past fortnight I've been finding wasps crawling on the floor near my bunnies and was dreading something like this happening - thankfully they just got frightened and not stung. Very unlucky for your poor bunny :(

So sorry for your loss. :( I wonder if some animals are like people that can have an allergic reaction to bee and wasp sings?

its just something else to watch out for, vet said either wasp or bee, laying here tonight though and ive remembered more than once chasing out what looks like a horse fly, from the shed, i remember they used to sting horses , not sure about buns though, i thought it was harmless enough, my friends rabbit was stung the other year , but thankfully survived, i shall check daily now

how awful for you, I think it was just one of those really bad luck things in that Lola obviously reacted badly to the sting. I hate wasps too

RIP Lola xx

Back