• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so excited

Stanley's Mom

Warren Scout
When my son rescued our 2 buns of the street (A stupid woman threw them out) I didn't have anything to put them in. I managed to get 2 hutches (very small) :oops: that someone was throwing out. I don't have much money as I'm recently divorced and a stay at home Mum. Anyway even though the hutches are small they were better off in there than out on the streets. I did make them a run which they used during the day. This is what they were living in. :oops:

100_0363.jpg

100_0362.jpg

Well I got an 8' X 6' shed that my sister was taking to the tip. I repaired and painted it and today I put vinyl down on the floor (free, my friend was chucking it:D Then I lined the shed with wire mesh (£23 :shock: beans on toast for us this week) and this is what they are living in now.
100_0360.jpg

I love it and so do they. The niro 3 cage that you see I bought off a car boot this morning for £5.

This is my home made hay rack. (A co-op shopping basket ;) with pieces cut out at the front and on top to fill it)

hayrack.jpg

In all it cost me about £48. Much less that a decent sized hutch would cost.

100_0373.jpg

Thankyou. The babies that you see are 8 weeks old and are going to their forever homes tomorrow. ( Mum was pregnant when we found her) I think thats why the woman threw them out. I'm keeping 1 though. Dad has been fixed and Mum should be done next week.

Wow you are a very thrifty genius - looks absolutely fantastic and great idea with the wire - I wouldn't have thought of that :p

But watch the door on that cage - they need to have a piece of wood fastened over the bars - Benny nearly caught his foot jumping out once and could have broken his leg :shock:

Last edited:
OMG Thanks for the warning about the door. I never thought of that. I've fixed it now. :D I just took the door off cos I don't think they need it.

Wow that looks brilliant! They landed on their feet when you took them in :) I love the shopping basket hay rack too :lol:

That is brilliant.........well done you!!

Can I just point out one thing, the way the door is on the cage, a bunny could catch their leg and break it, just a warning, most cges you can turn the door so that it opens upwards and tie it up, or take it off altogether if they are locked in the shed, sorry don;t want to be a party pooper but I would hate anything to happen to those gorgous bunnies.

Fantastic job!

Edit!........sorry Elve...I see you have already pointed this out, that will teach me to read the posts first!!:lol: :lol: :oops:

Last edited:
I am so seriously impressed I am gob smacked! thats an amazing job you have done - you should be well proud of yourself - and I am sure the bunnies are happy to! :D

Well I was dreading looking in the shed this morning in case one of the little furballs had managed to find a piece of vinyl to chew and rip the whole thing up but I was shocked to find that they had kept it tidy. :shock:
I thought it would have taken me ages to clean it up but NO they have been really good bunnies. :p

Awww - bless :D It'll be so much easier to clean than hutches too - I hate grovelling on the floor trying to reach to the back for that stray poop :roll:

Back