• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arh neighbours!

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,as you know from a previous post i am hand rearing two 3wk old baby rabbits of my neighbour.they had five left and they said they were going to handrear them.they sold mum because they thought babies were 6wks old.well they arent!spoke to him yesterday and he has sold three of them to a pet shop!:evil: he said because they are eating and drinking then they will be fine!hhm im not too sure.mine are guzzling their milk like theres no tomorrow.doing great.im so :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: off with him for selling them.isnt it against the law or something to buy and sell so young?feel like reporting him to the rspca but he will know its me because im the only person who knows hes got babies.will these poor babies survive?xxx:evil:

:( That's so sad - poor bunny family. It is agains the law for anyone to sell underage rabbits - they should be with mum till 8wks old, though they will be eating solids from 4 weeks.

It IS against the law (I believe) but I would imagine its very difficult to prove or actually get anything done about it. If it isn't going to benefit these babies (they have already been separated from mum after all) and they are the result of an accidentla litter rather than a money making scheme to brees, then I would leave it. The grief probably wouldn't be worth it.

they have a male dutch and a female dwarf who live in the garden.she is pooping babies out every 4-5wks.the male got in the enclosure that the females in.the grief of reporting them would be hell cuz living nextdoor they would give me truoble.got 6 kids who are :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: so just hope the poor mites survive.x

they have a male dutch and a female dwarf who live in the garden.she is pooping babies out every 4-5wks.the male got in the enclosure that the females in.the grief of reporting them would be hell cuz living nextdoor they would give me truoble.got 6 kids who are :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: so just hope the poor mites survive.x

Sounds like my neighbours but their buns dont have enclosures, they live in little wooden boxes and new babies are always appearing :evil:

A similar thing happened with my Chloe, or so I am led to believe.

I had to have her put to sleep a while back owing to her having Mucoid Entiritus, which the vet put down to the fact that she was given to a pet shop too soon and wasn't weaned off of the milk properly.

I do hope these bunnies have a better chance

x

well the two that keep making babies arent in any enclosure,have full run off the garden and she has her babies down a hole.the mum is sooo skinny!had 5 litters and she aint even one yet!:shock: .spoke to them about five mins ago and they have sold the rest of the babies to another pet shop.thank god i recued petal and rosie before they went,at least im trying give them the nourishment they need,petal seems the healthier one.rosies more quiet.getting little pot bellies now.realy skinny afew days ago.id post pics but pc is useless!:roll:

Awww thats mean why did they do that at such a young age poor babies. I would never rehome mine before 8 weeks and never in my life to a pet shop (horrible places)

I hope yours do well i have my fingers crossed for you.

I am suprised the doe has not died of exhaustion or defficiency of some sort having babies all the tiome without a break i would report them anyway its not nice. Or atleast give them some advice not for her to keep having babies.

Good luck
fingers crossed

Back