• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay samples

very :D the hay experts and bunnybasics both have fantastic fast postage :D

ETS: i once ordered on a sunday and it arrived on the monday :D

ace, does it come via royal mail? im going to order some other bits too... trying them on ss so will get some at same time n if they like it i can order 10KG. x

cool, i just ordered a small bag of ss for the initial change over and some hay samples, and also some wicker/vine balls which where 4 for a £1. which is good cus they eat everything in sight!!

thanks for that huni.

what hay do your buns prefer?

xxx

orchard grass is thier fave (obviously as it is soo expensive :roll: ) mine love it if i just put the bags (they come in paper bags) straight in with them (well i take the tape off :oops: ) so they get to rip it all open ...keeps them amused :D

i always spend wwwaaaay too much on the bunnies :oops: just done an order from BB for hay and a few treats, cant wait for it to arrive :oops:

do yours eat alot of hay? mine have all of a sudden stopped, which is why im going to try them on some diff ones to get an idea of what they like.

i know, my partner Nik always tell me that i spend to much. He spends just as much tho... without realising it...

im looking forward to my order...

what re your rabs fave veg/herb? mine love basil and spring greens... they do not eat carrot...

cool, i just ordered a small bag of ss for the initial change over and some hay samples, and also some wicker/vine balls which where 4 for a £1. which is good cus they eat everything in sight!!

thanks for that huni.

what hay do your buns prefer?

xxx

i got some of the vine balls as well as the sample they are brilliant gizmo loved them more than any of his toys using past tense as it was not long before he destroyed them all!:roll:

i know, well currently in thier run they have a jingle ball, a wooden roll and chew and a box which they sit on... and i just wanted something else cus thier spolit. Nik will tell me off when he gets in from work x

mine are crazy hay eaters :D have bth buns gone off it or just one? duchess stopped eating hay a little while back and it was because her teeth needed burring

my buns love all and every type of food :roll:
they love *deep breath*
spring greens
broccoli
carrot
parsley
basil
radishes
carrot tops
apple
tomato
cucumber
celery
bananas
grass
weeds (got a book to show safe ones)
....eeerm probably loads others too :D

toy wise they have waaaay too many :lol: they have tunnels, jingle balls, jingle dumbells, other balls, rattly toys, throwing toys, branches, chewing toys, willow balls, vine balls, treat balls, etc etc :lol: :lol: :roll: spoilt little so and sos

lol, the girls love going on thier harnesses in the back garden but i fear they will get mny fushias as i have 25 diff ones.

Theyve both gone off it, they eat it if its the only thing there. im not sure that they like this hay tbh. i think they are fussy.. they are the same with the food, hence ss has had to be ordered upon recommendation from the vet...

ive checked thier teeth and they are fine.. i think they are taking after mummy.. im a picky white meat only eater...

wow thats a list. i wish mine would eat all that... Ive just given them some grass i grew in a pot and they ate all of it so maybe theylike some things...

I would like a treat ball that you can hang in thier un, but can't find one that looks right... what does yours look like?

sorry for all the qs, your nice and you are answering them which is greatx

:lol: thanks :D

just a question how many pellets do you feed a day? sometimes if you cut back on pellets it can increase hay eating :D mine buns only get about a teaspoon of pellets each a day :D

my buns have these

http://www.petco.com/assets/product_images/4/4258382721A.jpg

you can also get bun ones but i couldnt find them at the time :roll: :lol:

my buns dont like their harnesses :( so they just go out in the run when the weather is ok. i wanted to try bunny agility with them but cant really do it without a harness :(

some buns are really fussy with hay (mine not included - although there are some hays they like more than others i have yet to find one they wont eat)

youve got well behaved buns then...

have you tried letting the bun run around with just the harness and not the lead extension?

i have a spare lead with a harness and detatchable lead suitable for dutch, frenchies that kinds thing if you wanted it ...

it will always be too big for our ladies...

i don't feed alot of food to be honest, but they tend to scran that and then sit looking fed up. hoping that the pellets will change this and make them eat more hay x

yeah tried putting the harness on and treating them to get a positive association but they got so stressed i gave up and got the run instead although duchess doesnt seem all that impressed by outside and teegs gets bored out there, they much prefer dashing up and down the landing the crashing out in their room :lol: :roll: lazy little bunnies :love:

got to go feed them their veg in the moment otherwise they start banging oin the floor to remind me :roll: :lol:

Thanks for that fab site. I have just placed an order. :D Got all sorts of bunny toys for Splodge. That hopefully will keep her entertained - well for a while anyway!! :cry:

the sample packs we ordered from hay experts have just arrived and the orchard grass has just gone down very well with preston :D

preston is also a very fussy eater, he was eating excel forage but has recently started to turn his nose up at it. these sample packs certainly get the thumbs up from me and paws up from preston :D

ooh I'm looking forward to the stuff I ordered arriving. I know I only ordered it on Saturday, but I'm getting impatient already. I'll probably like the stuff more than my rabbit does!! :oops:

Back