• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Infacol...

Yes.
He's been fine all day. And just recently he's started to look uncomfortable. He's flopping on the floor near me right now. He's moulting a lot - he sometimes goes a bit like this when he's moulting. But he won't touch the pineapple I'm offering him. I have Infacol, but I'm not sure if it's actual wind. I can't get near him to hear or real - he just runs off when I try.

The running around will do him good anyway. Try some dandelion leaves and herbs to tempt him.
MIne are like this sometimes when they're moulting too. I think the moving about works better than the infacol sometimes.

He won't eat.
He's running around, and doing some amazing dashes up the stairs. He's cleaning himself, and he's drinking. But he won't eat and he won't poo. He's obviously in some discomfort, as he keeps stretching his full length, then wriggling to lie the other way. I gave him Infacol - which he hated. I gave him natural pineapple juice, which he quite liked, but which seems to have d one nothing at all. His tummy is very gurgly.

He won't eat pellets, he snatched at some hay earlier, but I'm not sure he ate it, or just bit it in two. He won't touch the parsely I offered, won't touch clover, won't touch pellets. Last night he seemed to be sat eating hay, so I left him with bits of carrot & apple, to try and tempt him. None were touched this morning - when I came down, at 5:45pm, and wandered outside in my nightie.

He's going to the vet at 10am. I hate seeing him like this and I'm so terrified I keep bursting into tears and crying all over his head.

... oooh, disaster averted.

About an hour ago, I went to sit with him and was concerned that his ears were rather cool. So I picked him up and held him close, and then he wriggled free. After that, he didn't go off and lie down in the 'oh, my tummy aches!' kinda way, instead he kept running around. And behaving like my Barney in super naughty mode. He came and licked my forehead, nibbled on some hay and started doing binkies. Then he set about eating his clover and parsley, so I went to grab a handful of grass and some blackberry leaves and he loved both. He spent an hour inside, skipping around and eating anything we offered him. Fifteen minutes ago we put him outside in his run - he was taking an interest in electricity wires by that point - and Amber looked thrilled to see him. We left a pile of hay on the grass, and he sat eating it - when he moved, he'd done three poos. Since then, he's done about twelve.

Thanks for responding. .-. I was so panicky.

Glad he's feling better this morning.
They usually do bounce back within a few hours and look at you as if to say 'what's the problem mum?'
Bobby did this on Monday morning when I was due to be going away with friends. I infacoled and tummy rubbed and my lovely o/h said he'd take over from there, but Bobs was eating within the hour.

Back