• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How far in advance do you arrange holiday boarding for your bunnies?

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
I'm going away on Honeymoon for two weeks in October and Jen, Frankie, Amber and Flora will need to go into boarding :cry: I was thinking about it today and although is ages away, I have no feel for how quickly boarding places get booked up. How far in advance does everyone else arrange bunny / piggie boarding?

Also, do pigs have to be vaccinated at all before they can go into boarding?

I'd book now. The best places can get booked up quickly so if you want to most choice the sooner you book the better. I guess October shouldn't be too bad as that's not traditional holiday time or too close to Christmas.

tam

Hi!

We are also going away towards the end of the year and I have already booked Loki's boarding. The boarding place we are going to has lots of big hutches, but only two play cottages/runs. Although the hutches are big, Loki is used to having the free run of the house all evening and through the night, so I wanted to make sure that we booked a cottage early. The lady that runs the boarding place said that the cottages can booked up 2 months in advance. I guess it depends on the place. This boarding place only takes vaccinated animals

Yep, mine are booked in for Sept at bunny Hops :D they do get filled up quickly and it doesn't matter how early you book them in, at least when they are booked in its another thing off the "to do" list! ;)

We booked ours in 4 weeks in advance, and they needed me to take vaccs papers as they only took vaccinated animals....not sure about the piggies though sorry :)

I would think that October isn't too busy, but i would do it asap then you don't need to worry about it.

I'm going away on Honeymoon for two weeks in October and Jen, Frankie, Amber and Flora will need to go into boarding :cry: I was thinking about it today and although is ages away, I have no feel for how quickly boarding places get booked up. How far in advance does everyone else arrange bunny / piggie boarding?

Also, do pigs have to be vaccinated at all before they can go into boarding?

there aren't any vaccinations for guinea pigs but some places might want you to have had them wormed.
we run a holiday boarding service and we get booked up months in advance, we were pretty much booked up for the summer end of may/beginning of june

I book the bunny boarding before I book anything else. We go away for a week in October, and I booked the boarding about 2 weeks ago. Summer holidays are usually the most difficult time to find boarding places, you always have to book early for that.

Summer holidays I would definately recommend way in advance - October shouldnt generally be to bad - you might want to ask wherever they are going in advance first.

We run a boarding business and I'd advise you to book as early as possible, especially for the summer months as places go pretty fast. We've had people booking as early as xmas for the summer hols to make sure they get a place, but then again we also get people calling a couple of days before they are due to go saying they forgot about the rabbit/guinea pig etc:roll:

Back